Forums    Barth Upgrades and Improvements    Replacement for GM 467513 6 port valve
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Replacement for GM 467513 6 port valve
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help. I just received the new style valve and the instructions are pretty straight forward. I did order a relay from amazon but it is 2 weeks for shipping. I am assuming the relay is wired similar to the switch...I have everything bypassed and using one tank for now till the relay arrives. I am curious if anyone has wired the new pump up like it says. With their switch and With the sending units ran to the plug and then use the original wire running back to the original switch to connect back to the fuel gage.

Posts: 2 | Location: Wisconsin  | Member Since: 03-22-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello kasey, what efi did you end up going with ?
I have a 76 k20 that was converted to Holley projection.
My truck has the 6 way valve installed with 3 switches on the dash. One to transfer fuel tanks, one for each pump power and a third for switching the gauge level.
Are you using a efi setup with self priming ?
If so how did you wire the power to the pump relay or is there a pump relay ? Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Colorado  | Member Since: 02-03-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kasey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brianlvs:
Hello kasey, what efi did you end up going with ?
I have a 76 k20 that was converted to Holley projection.
My truck has the 6 way valve installed with 3 switches on the dash. One to transfer fuel tanks, one for each pump power and a third for switching the gauge level.
Are you using a efi setup with self priming ?
If so how did you wire the power to the pump relay or is there a pump relay ? Thanks

I went with the Sniper EFI setup. I know a lot of folks on these forums frown upon them but I only had one issue that Holley resolved promptly. I had a bad O2 Sensor after a couple of months. They sent me a new one free of charge. In addition to the sniper I made the below modifications. Mainly because I wanted in-tank pumps. The original installation used the inline pump but it was above the tanks and was being overworked since they should be gravity fed. The setup I have now looks completely stock, works without fail and I got the added benefit of fuel not spilling over during fill ups because the new filler necks/hoses are larger than the original 77s. Hope this helps.

2 - ACDELCO EP381 {#25163473} (Pumps) - $57.79 ea.
2 - SPECTRA PREMIUM GM11C {#471681} (Tanks w/ Lock Rings) - $76.69 ea.
1 - SPECTRA PREMIUM FG05N {#25090837} (Passenger Side Sending Unit) - $73.79
1 - SPECTRA PREMIUM FG05M {#19179694, 25090846} (Drivers Side Sending Unit) - $66.99
1 - ACDELCO U7001 {#12336291} (Fuel Selector Valve) - $77.79
1 - STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS DS1807 {#15599081, 19244972, D7089C} (Tank Selector Switch) - $9.37
2 - Filler hoses to fit 1987 tanks - Can't find the part number

Notes:
Had to make a slight modification to reduce the 87 filler hose to the 77 filler neck
Used the sniper pump power lead to power the switch so my selected pump only runs until prime is finished before I start it up
Had to make modifications to the back of the selector switch to fit in the dash and be flush
Shouldn't have purchased the full Sniper kit as I'm no longer using the inline pump
Looks completely stock

Posts: 8 | Location: Portland, OR | Member Since: 04-24-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to necro a thread, but here is some useful info. I just helped a customer sort this out. Thanks Steve VW for your excellent posts.

Good relay for the conversion to the 6-wire (ACDelco U7000 or equivalent):
#T92S11D22-12

This relay is sealed, but if you are going to mount it exposed use some quality shrink terminals and liquid tape.

Connector body:

Terminals 16-14 ga:

‎Seals:

Cavity plugs:

You can get them all at Mouser, DigiKey, Newark etc.

Best of luck,

Alex
Van's Electrical Systems
Indianapolis, IN

Posts: 1 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Member Since: 03-12-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post