Barthmobile Portal
Skylight

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3431087061/m/3273950587

04-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Crazyshakespeare
Skylight
I'm currently removing a broken fan/vent in my Barth and considering replacing with a skylight inside. My question to knowledgeable users, is it possible to remove/ cut any of the shorter alumunim roof brackets to allow for a larger skylight. If I do so would I need to move them to compensate?
04-08-2015, 10:21 AM
Ham Radio HF Mobile
Good morning;

While a skylight does provide some illumination, the ability of the fan to also remove vapor laden air from inside will also help prevent condensation, mildew, and some other things. I like fans, and I have also added a short cylindrical sleeve around the fan blades and a transparent plastic panel to prevent reverse airflow back around the fan. It helps to improve the efficiency of the fan system.

Enjoy; Ralph, Latte Land, Washington
04-13-2015, 03:13 PM
shtym
Your modification sounds interesting.
Do you have any pictures?
Thanks
04-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Crazyshakespeare
Just ordered them yesterday....I will post once I get them install, might be a few weeks!
04-23-2015, 07:40 PM
Tool Man T
This does sound like an interesting upgrade/modification. ?? Are you able to drop the ceiling panel to see how the framing is built for the fan opening?? IMHO, I think that would be the way to judge what you may need to do to maintain structural integrity. I have yet to own a motor coach but having owned a couple of pull behinds over the years. I came to understand the importance of the ceiling fan. FWIW. Like to see pics. also.
Much luck with your project and please keep us posted. Thanks.

Joel Taylor
04-23-2015, 08:34 PM
Crazyshakespeare
That was one of my big worries too. Due to a few leaks I ended up having to gut the top half (cabinets, ceiling panels etc) Plus side, it gave me the opportunity to plan everything out. Might be a few more weeks before I get pics up...contacted the company today and they don't ship till the beginning of May. I'll keep everyone up-to-date!