Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

VIN problems
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hello all, im trying to find info on a very early Barth class A, but im getting nowhere fast. Heres a pic of the tag (i know its not the best).

VIN

Posts: 9 | Location: SoCal | Member Since: 05-03-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
heres other pics.

Posts: 9 | Location: SoCal | Member Since: 05-03-2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Side view

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
WOW! This looks like the Holy Grail of very early Barths. I can't help but wonder what it's doing out in the woods. There should be another build tag from Barth perhaps to the left of your head as you sit in the drivers seat.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
That coach is in our Data Tag files 7202 1024 MC25. 1972 25 ft coach. Owner Jason Thomson. no other info there

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
WOW! This looks like the Holy Grail of very early Barths. I can't help but wonder what it's doing out in the woods. There should be another build tag from Barth perhaps to the left of your head as you sit in the drivers seat.

The RV is currently in Arkansas. A friend bought an estate/property and found it while walking the land (im just doing the foot work investigating because he's the least tech savvy person i know LOL). I'll have him check for the other tag inside and send me some pics of the inside. He said the inside is very clean except for the interior ceiling in the bathroom is starting to sag (maybe a roof vent is starting to leak?), the rest looks like it was cleaned prior to parking it. He called it "move in ready". He hasnt tried hooking up a battery to it, so we dont know if it even runs/drives, but he said the oil and radiator fluid look fairly new. He's considering selling it, but doesnt have any paperwork for it yet, he has to apply to the state for a new title for abandoned vehicle. If this runs and drives, what would it be worth?

posted Hide Post
Heres some inside pics

posted Hide Post
more...

posted Hide Post
more inside

posted Hide Post
Dashboard

posted Hide Post
Damage in the bathroom

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Your coach is very similar to my 71!! The Barth data tag is just above the driver-side front wheel. There is not much on that tag but it will give you the Barth build number. Hope the polish job did not remove or damage it.

The shiny exterior is really nice, the interior is similar to mine except yours looks in better shape. Iooks like that coach has had an interior upgrade too. Mine has a 350 GM engine. The doghouse in this unit is higher than 71's, so my guess is it has a 454 engine.

Mine did not run when I bought it, the brakes still need attention, engine runs nicely now. Value is whatever you can get, seems older Barth's do not bring a lot of cash. I bet it will bring the guy who fixes it a lot of pleasure and many compliments.

Several years ago on an episode of Dallas Car Sharks, a guy bought an older Barth, redid the interior and polished it, then sold it, for $10k according to the show, wonder if this is that coach?

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post