Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Gotta Barth
 Login now/Join our community

posted
After looking at 8 and driving 4 and making 6 offers over 8 months we finally bought an old Barth.
1973 25' Rear bath 106000Miles The bad...right exhaust manifold loose/gasket gone/cracked , needs new front tires ,wipers work very slowly , tach reads 4000RPM at 60mph...there is more room to accelerate so I suspect tach is out but a tranny may be nec [I don,t think so by the feel of the engine] , heater blower switch can't be found , a bunk will have to be built for a child between the fridge and the bathroom and the dinette has been down sized to a two seater with seat belts , no spare tire.
The good... newer engine on propane starts and runs well [except header noise], near new interior in oak...real oak...even on walls...the flat sliced kind...all new upolstery , curtains , flooring , kitchen ,front seats , good stereo ,drop down gaucho gone and TV an cupboards installed up there , roof air , generator , built in vaccume , microwave , newer larger fridge , brakes are the best yet on any Barth I have driven.
What do you think? About 200 hours and 2000 Dollars and 6 months yet to spend I think.
I appreciate your condolances...
George

Posts: 28 | Member Since: 04-19-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Really sounds nice George, the manifold isn't anything, gives you a chance to think about headers. Is this coach from Canada? I know of a 1973 Propane unit up there and it is still for sale on the website and even has a matching canoe.

Well now comes the adventure. So we all wish you...

God Bless and Pleasant Journeys..

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dave,
Yes this is an Alberta Canada Coach.
The other 73 that you refer 2 never responded to my e-mails so I don't know if it is still on the market.
George

Posts: 28 | Member Since: 04-19-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post