Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Parts Supplier-steering stabilizer
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Todd Gority
posted
My Barth has been at the garage for inspection, and it needs a lot of mechanical work and other RV related repairs to pass inspection. One holdup is in finding parts for the 88 John Deere Chassis. In particular, I'm looking for steering stabilizer. Does anyone have a good parts supplier they would recommend? Thanks in advance!

Posts: 14 | Location: Altoona, PA | Member Since: 04-17-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Go to Deere.com and look up manuals. They have a parts manual for your year chassis on cd rom.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of madrone
posted Hide Post
I recently installed a Safe-T-Plus on my Winnebago Luxor AllSteer because they had the kit to fit my old Motor Home, I notice they also have a kit for your John Deere. Amazon sells the Stabilizer for a good price but you have to go to Safe-T-Plus for the kit. The improvement on the road in my case was dramatic!

Posts: 69 | Location: Texas | Member Since: 11-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd Gority
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them both out. I'm a little concerned about the garage I took my Barth to, although there is a limited choice near where I live. When I took it in, I left all the manuals and documentation on the front seat. When I talked to them on Friday, they said they "finally figured out it was John Deere Chassis". I felt like saying that's why I left the JD manuals on the seat. It didn't give me a lot of confidence in them. Good thing they are not detectives. Hope they're better mechanics!

Posts: 14 | Location: Altoona, PA | Member Since: 04-17-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Do you have it at a shop out near Cresson? My wife was out there a little while back and said she saw a barth at a garage.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Todd Gority
posted Hide Post
Cresson isn't far from Altoona. It's on the top of the mountain. I used to work up that way and in the winter time, it was a different world up there. I will actually be passing through Cresson on my way to Pittsburgh this weekend. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Picture of Todd Gority
posted Hide Post
As an update. I still haven't found a stabilizer. Evidently the one on it was added after the Chassis left the John Deere factory. I might have to go with an after market Safe T Plus. Looks like around $500 for this option. Plus installation of course.

Picture of Todd Gority
posted Hide Post
Evidently the stabilizer on it was a Safe T Plus stabilizer. Just all of the identification information was worn off. The new Blue Safe T Plus fit well, only needed to change one of the brackets.