Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Searching for a Barth and had some questions
 Login now/Join our community

posted
We are located in Western Canada, Alberta to be precise and are looking for a Barth- have looked casually but are now serious. How bad is the corrosion issues with the steel in the units ? there is one for sale a few hours from me but it looks like it has been left outside for a while. I also see another one but it is near Sacramento- any members there that can look at it or know the coach ?

Thanks

Posts: 36 | Location: Edmonton ab | Member Since: 08-25-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Rust can be an issue. Check battery storage compartments first. The storage boxes are metal & need to be checked for holes or rusted through, then the j bars that hold the skin on where it wraps at the bottom. They have to be really bad to cause the skin to flap in the wind. Look at Kevin's posts on that. Our son in law welded a couple of repairs in a couple of spots on Old Blue. I think you can see those repairs on ..... well maybe Kevin can do his magic here.

Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Some information here on frame repair.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skloon:
I also see another one but it is near Sacramento- any members there that can look at it or know the coach ?
Thanks

I will be going thru Sac next week on my way home from Denver, I think I could look at it for you. Let me know or PM me the location.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Skloon,

I would highly recommend spending more money and getting one that has been well-sorted and maintained by an enthusiastic owner rather than (perhaps) the cheaper route of locating a castaway that has been sitting. This is, of course, unless you are looking to park it in the woods and visit it only during hunting season OR feel like diving head-first into all sorts of projects before you ever get to use it.

Ours was somewhere in the middle and often I wished I had educated myself even more than I had and really taken the time to look for a good one. Many of the coaches that come up for sale here on Barthmobile (from long-standing members) may command top dollar... but regarding well documented histories and maintenance records, these cannot be beat.

Just my 2¢.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice, I am waiting to here from the folks in California- have decided against the local one as I have enough projects

Posts: 36 | Location: Edmonton ab | Member Since: 08-25-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
I am selling my unit, look in the for sale section.

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
The members could help you find a Barth if we how much you intend to spend. There are several Barth coaches for sale on this Barthmobile website. For the ones not posted here there are other members with sonar search engines that will find a Barth. Are you wanting gas or diesel? Do you have a length or height restriction?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I want and can afford/justify are two separate things- I was looking for gas under 10k- preferably way under- and from a dry area- don't need a rust belt vehicle- being from Canada I phone on some ads and get people screaming about scammers or no rely to emails- There is a beautiful Regal for sale in Calgary but it is 33 feet and I would like to stay shorter- plus it has a tag axle and is 17.5k cdn-