Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

One question from Germany
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Our Barth will comes in two or three week.
We want to drive in the snow for the first Trip. Is the Barth good for winter the temperatur will be - 15 Celsius.( i dont now it in fahrenheit).What is with the Tank for water? Has the Barth a double floor.
Thanks for answer
JO from cologne

Posts: 10 | Location: Germany | Member Since: 12-11-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Jo, all Barths are different, but I would suspect yours has a double floor, first the plywood floor, then fiberglass insulation, then a thin sheet of aluminum. You can verify this by crawling underneath. Walls have fiberglass blanket insulation. If your fresh water tank is inside the coach, it can be kept warm by opening whatever compartment reaches it. You will have to monitor it for freezing yourself, as conditions vary a lot. -15 degrees Celsius converts to 5 degrees F. Our own experience does not go below -10 degrees Celsius at night, and we sleep with no furnace, and it drops into the thirties inside on a cold night. But the days are warmer, so our water tank never got cold-soaked. If you have single pane windows, I would suggest some form of insulation at night. We use plastic bubble sheet, and it makes a huge difference.
Perhaps some from colder climates will help out with colder weather experience.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post