Forums    General Discussions    Why is the valve stem on outside rear dual pointed in?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Why is the valve stem on outside rear dual pointed in?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted
I asked Google and Siri and researched. I came up with no reasonable or sensible answer. Why is the valve stem pointed inward so it is hard to check or fill? I have the right chuck and can do it but it shouldn't be that hard. What is the reason for it?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Only reason i can think of is if that wheel was removed and put on the inside , you could still put air in it .
If it had a stem pointed out , then turned around , it would be pointed under the vehicle .

That's all i can figure Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Its so you can install the wheel in any position and still have access to the valve.
Remember the inside rear wheels are turned opposite the outers.

1993 34 Regency WB
8.3 Cummins 300HP

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post