Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1988 Barth - eBay
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
My setup is very unsophisticated. I have air bags on the front only and I put air in by using my small portable air compressor, so I probably don't know what I am talking about.

However, I think if you have two gages one is for the front and one for the rear. I have been told that the automatics have a limitation because the compressors only will put 60 lbs max. The bags are rated to 90 lbs. I have about 10 lbs more on the right side because I have my water and fuel tanks on the right side. It probably doesn't make any difference but it makes me feel smart. My wife says since I sit on the other side that evens everythings out. ya unhuh!

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Dave, I suspect your water and fuel don't affect your front air bags very much. I would suggest measuring the bump stop clearance on each side and adjusting the bags accordingly. You will probably be better off with equal pressure unless you are REALLY a lot heavier than the co pilot.

If I remember correctly, the tag axle air bags are limited to 60 lbs. On mine, there is a gauge for left and one for right.
BTW, many leak at the valve panel. I am going to replace my valves with schraeder valves to eliminate the leaky control valves.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post