Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
gas prices
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
What will gas prices be after this storm????????????????????

Posts: 63 | Location: Winona Lake, IN | Member Since: 04-18-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
If we could recyle the "POLITICAL BULLS" that feds to us from Washingston,both Parties,Fuel would be real cheap.

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I heard a tanker driver say that he was told to expect 30 cents a gallon increase by Friday. At this rate, I'll be renting out ROOF space for passengers to Talladaga.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I am a vendor for some of the "Big Oil" companies at the Newburgh Tank Farms and I was told the same thing as Danny.

Number 1 diesel and oxygenated gas will raise the rates again this winter.

Lets hope that this is the last storm to affect the Gulf for awhile. I don't know how much more people can take.

Hey, just for fun, lets all pick on the favorites...
big oil, insurance companies, politicians and lawyers. This group will make out from this.

How about releasing the strategic reserves? Anyone on this site have a thought about that? I don't know if it would do any good so that's why I'm asking, I would like to here both sides on this.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
New Fuel Gage

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Wish I could fill up my Barth for $90.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Heck, that's the gage on my Toyota Tacoma!!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Is it all going to pot yet?

That's will be the guage on my lawn mower one day!

$90.00 is for 30+ gallons of gas. Imagine having to fill up a 250 gallon tractor trailer.

I think you need to upgrade your guage Dave. I hope they make those with removeable magnetic fronts?

Did anyone else see the picture of the gas station owner putting an arm, leg and a baby on his sign?

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My last fill on the Ford Focus was $2.67/gal @Costco. Saw a sign on the local Chevron station today - $2.86 for regular. Bet it hits $3.00 next week.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I paid $2.48 per gal yesterday, today in Marion Indiana it went up to $2.99 per gal. at that rate it will cost me $240.00 to fill both tanks if empty.

If this keep up I think the RV industry among everything else is in trouble.

Ralph
TODAY SEPT 1 UNLEADED $3.50 PER GAL.

[This message has been edited by REGLOVER (edited September 01, 2005).]

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
3.49/9 and going up; Some stations are running out:

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Barth Regency 34ft. 8.3 Cummins 300 hp.
Spartan K2 MM.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread sure has had a lot of interest, and so it should. I think all of us rv'ers could benefit if we share our wisdom and experiences on things that we have done to extend our miles per gallon.

We have all heard that if we monitor our tire pressure and lower our miles per hour we can raise our miles per gallon, but what about other methods. I'll bet there are some other thing that people have used that we can all use to extend our range.

Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Member Since: 11-16-2004Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
It has always been my understanding that the biggest way to get the best MPG is to drive slower. I am not a mechanic, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night and I had this realization that when I went 60 mph is was only using 2 barrels of my carb and when I went 65 or high all four kicked in and the old petrol started pouring down the engine. Am I right or wrong...

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:
It has always been my understanding that the biggest way to get the best MPG is to drive slower. I am not a mechanic, but I stayed in a Holiday Inn last night and I had this realization that when I went 60 mph is was only using 2 barrels of my carb and when I went 65 or high all four kicked in and the old petrol started pouring down the engine. Am I right or wrong...

Dave, you are right on two points.

1. Wind resistance increases with the square of the velocity. That means that 65 mph has almost 40% more drag than 55 mph. This does not mean that you will see a proportionate change in fuel consumption because of operating efficiency of engines is all over the map, but the drag is irrefutable.

2. All fuel metering systems respond to throttle position or engine vacuum or both, richening the mixture when the throttle is advanced or the vacuum drops. These are directly related to road speed. Same for secondaries of a four barrel carb. With a Quadrajet, staying on the itty bitty primaries is very important for mileage. When I break in a new engine, I drive for a while with the primaries locked out or disconnected. However, even the small primaries have a power enrichment circuit that can waste gas if one has a heavy foot.

I would suggest that any gas Barth owner invest in a vacuum gage and drive with one eye on it. I had an Olds that had red, amber and green bands for quick reference. Some cars have computers that allow you to monitor the instantaneous gas mileage, and really can be educational with regard to driving habits.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post