Forums    General Discussions    Tell me how I should deal with this?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tell me how I should deal with this?
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I know in the past I have said that if people want to send me things I will scan them and then return them. And, I am happy to do that. But you know, as much as I am dedicated to Barth coaches I can not be a depository for everything Barth. I say this with all of the love and respect I can muster and also with deep humility because many of you have entrusted me with your "stuff".

I must ask you to not send me anything else unless we discuss it in advance. I am going to try and separate some of what I have and make it available upon request, (I don't know how I am going to do that).

Pictures I have so many pictures I do not know what to do. I have scanned everything and they are on the Barth CD. I think I am going to dump the pictures. If anyone wants pictures of their coach let me know and I can print some out on high quality photo paper.

I received an email some time ago from someone who suggested that every one send all their manuals to me and I would scan them and catalog them for future reference. Let me tell you, I was accused of making a profit from the spring rally when I did not. If I did something like cataloging everyones manuals I definitely would be makeing a BIG profit. Frankly as much as I love Barth motorhome, I am not a Barth Trekkie.

So don't hesitate contacting me if you have something unique that we should share with others and we will do that.

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Dave:Anything we have send you, we don't need it back.You need to can it,if you are done with it.Thank for the great JOB you & Deb have done. Best Jay&Shelby:

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave,
Don't burn yourself out trying to manage this website. We want you around for a long time, this site is a lifeline for our Barths. Take it easy and try to make some money from us if possible. We need to support your effort. I really think that most of the people who post here know how valuable your work is.

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill G., I don't know how it could have been said better. Dave, if you want to see someone that is important to this site, then look in the mirror and WAVE. The important guy will WAVE back. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
Agreed with previous posts! This is one terrific web site for anything Barth BUT you are far from being able to keep up with the magnitude of material. Maybe a session at a rally to get both ideas and support? We would be glad to pay an annual "subscription" fee for the privilege but that might take away from the whole attidude of sharing freely. It's not about profit, it's about
costs and load. Don't over load. Stay reasonable and realistic with what you can do, maybe enlist the help of others. This is such a great service, maybe think of revising with a fee for those who wish to advertise for sale? As for the hundreds of pictures and documents, limit the intake somehow to only that which is essential???? Of course that will vary with everyone's own opinion. Again, thanks for all your hard and good work on behalf of everyone Barth minded.

------------------
Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
'95 Barth Regency 34'
'96 Explorer

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave: I know you and I have had our differences, but I'm a believer in taking the good with the bad, indeed, in a prior e-mail to you I said just that... that despite out differences, in balance, I think you are doing a fabulous job. That said, I respectfully suggest that you should follow the lead of many "forum" type web sites in giving up some of the thread moderating duties. That would take a ton of pressure off of you. Even though, in a recent e-mail from you, you told me: "one thing you need to know is that Barthmobile.com is not an association. It is my website. I created it, I paid for it. I own it." I think that this thread from you indicates that you may be feeling like you've created a monster. Well, if so, consider delegating moderation duties...

Posts: 159 | Location: Newington, CT USA | Member Since: 06-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
What I really meant.

First of all Duteman I have no idea what you mean about difficulties.

Second, what I was referring to is the fact that I have received boxes of peoples maintenance receipts. I have at least 6 Kwickie Steps manuals. Plus pictures, picture, pictures and most of them aren't really good. I am more than up to it. This website is one of the joys of my life and does not overwhelm me at all.

I am so pleased with the kind words, even though they are quite inaccurate. I have almost nothing to do with this site. If it weren't for guys like Bill H. I started this website on 1/1/2001 and Bill was the first registrant other than me, my daughter, and couple neighbors etc.

And of course my 16 year old website Guru Rachel who created this entire site from scratch and her dad Jim, (my buddy and neighbor of 20 years, a true family of genius's) who hosts this site on his home computer. If I hosted this site at a commercial place it would cost a couple hundred dollars per month, and in that case there wouldn't be a site.

Now as far as other moderators are concerned. I told Dale Smith the other day in an email that if I start to sound like I have some Divine ownership of this site. I have instructed him to drive to Minneapolis for the sole purpose of slapping me up the side of the head. And, as far as I am concerned you are all moderators. I don't know anyone who has hesitated to email or call me and give their advise and I don't recall much that I haven't taken.

But, I am mad at all of you. We have a collection of aircraft mechanics, air controllers, school principal, rental car agency owner, and of course Jay Teasley who quietly owns the entire state of Tennessee, and Ron who can't tell us what he does or he would have to kill us.

And, all of you allowed me to spout off about my "Laid back in Indiana Rally", I had to wait until my dear wife came into my office chuckling last night and said. "What did you say happened back in Indiana and who was it?" The newspaper lady suggested we change it to "Kick back in Indiana Rally" I agreed, and she pointed out that if it isn't a good rally it will be "Kicked back in Indiana",

By the way the next registrant after Bill was the owner of the very popular site IRV2 and about once a year I get an email comment on the quality of discourse here. Every one should know that even thought there may be under 50 active posters but look at the numbers at the bottom of the first screen. We have 500-1000 visitors every week. I get emails all the time from folks who are not even registered members. So what we are doing is being watched by many.

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And you need to know I am right this very minute going around Chicago on my way to your place. NO SLAP, but a CREAM PIE IN THE FACE. Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Could that be a strawberry rhubarb maybe?

------------------

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

posted Hide Post
Hay Dave;Don't get mad at me,I'm just a hillbilly.Laid is just the past tense and past participle of lay.Most of us hillbillys are lay back folks.Kick back in Indiana fine with us. Best Jay&Shelby

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Dear Dave:

I am thrilled with the site, as it was instrumental in my decision to buy the current Barth that my family and I enjoy.

We just came back from a second journey down to Disney World. I don't even like to consider what fate might have befallen us had the site not existed to steer me into purchasing what I consider to be the finest in used coaches.

I think that you have stated your case simply and perfectly. Nobody should be inundating you anymore. Do not worry about any cheap soul wondering if you do or do not enjoy a profit for your efforts. You certainly deserve one, and we should all be thankful that you provide such a service.

I find it funny that the two websites I venture to on a continual basis are owned by "Bowers".

www.subguns.com is another favorite of mine, and is owned by "Tom Bowers"...another stalwart person.

Fear not Dave, your request is proper and well spoken. Thanks for all you have done.

Windsor.

Posts: 178 | Location: Lancaster, PA USA | Member Since: 07-30-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave,
I "ditto" Windsors comments. It was due to this website and your individual emails that convinced me to get out of my $200k American Eagle and purchase my BARTH.

( T H A N K S )

Respectfully,

Al Benton
1988 Barth Regency 40' with a CAT

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post