Forums    General Discussions    Remote Spotlight and Siphon 360, Vent Covers and Roof Coating (Anvi)
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Remote Spotlight and Siphon 360, Vent Covers and Roof Coating (Anvi)
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted
Most of our Coaches have a remote control spot light mounted up front on the roof.

How many of you have used it and for what purpose? Did it work when you wanted to use it?

On DBarth it functioned and I thought it was COOL but after playing with it to see that it worked I don’t believe I ever used it.

Midnight has one and I was told it didn’t work. Partially true. It pans left and right and the up and down slips and the light doesn’t light. Easy fixes if i’d Use it. Looking for some reason to keep it? If I never use maybe I’ll remove. I could use on my boat if I repair it. The one on DBarth was much better quality and still available. Info on the Sparton one is virtually nonexistant.

Looking for a logical reason to keep it. Working on the roof items to do everything before I recoat with Anvil.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
The one on our last coach didn't work . The spotlight on our previous coach worked great. I used it a few times on small curvy roads . Mostly i used it to shine into our neighbor's window when we would arrive home from a trip after dark ROTFLMAO .

I stopped traveling after dark , so i didn't really miss the spotlight . I suppose if i was in a campground and there was a flood or severe weather it could come in handy.

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 625 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The light on the Regal worked at one time but I did not use it. My Monarch light, like yours, is partially functional. I have been meaning to look at it but it is not a priority.

Like Harold, I do not travel much at night so I have little need for the light.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Mine worked for awhile after I bought the coach, replaced the light, later it stopped working, will not pan up or down, gears are stripped.

I removed the dash control panel to add my IC-706 ham transceiver so it just sits up there unusable. I did used it a few times on runways to set up my timing gear never did find a real need for it.

Always thought would be a good place for a video camera, replace the light with a clear lens bring the video down to
a recorder. still thinking about that idea, maybe get to it in 2025!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
Always thought would be a good place for a video camera, replace the light with a clear lens bring the video down to
a recorder. still thinking about that idea, maybe get to it in 2025!

That's funny Ed I had one more line on my post and edited it off. I said "I have toyed with the idea of putting a video camera instead of a light" I deleted because I didn't want to drift off the topic. The coverage on Midnight would be front and way off to the sides because of the height and width of Midnight's roof. Don't see enough plus side to mess with it.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Had one in the bus and used it one time traveling across northern WI in the fall at night. Pointed it down the road towards the ditch. Worked great to spot deer grazing in the ditch. So one time in the last 30 years.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Never really used the spotlight on former coaches, I guess if you are late at night it is helpful waking up the campground trying to find your spot. Or shine it on suspicious activity (someone trying to water the tires LOL).
But the IC706 gave me a push, I think I get a license and get my dad's old radio humming again.
As for spotlight - bug catcher at best, leakage at worst.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Last time I checked the light worked fine but like
many of you we don't use it--- nor have we even managed to contrive a reason to use it (and... have wondered if that was a short coming on our part).

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
I only used mine once at a very dark campground next to a river (no campground light poles or markers).

My controls did not work, however prior I had went up on the roof and placed the beam centered just ahead of headlights.

Also the flood light section did not work and all a had was the spotlight mode, however it sure did help a lot.

Like the rest of you I think that is the only time I used it.

If I still had my Regency I think I would replace the spotlight with the new led flood lights, they really light up what's in front of you.

Jim

past owner of a 1985 Barth Regency 35'

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I got much what I believed. FLUFF Gone,patched the hole with a nice piece of aluminum from the 72. Adhered over the holes with 3M 5200 when I used it to seat adhere the feet for the solar panels.

Also put Siphon 360's on the vent stacks. If you have not that is a simple beneficial easy upgrade. It puts a positive flow out all the time. I did this in DBarth also. I liked the original 360s I put in DBarth. They were beefier. I would have looked harder to find the original had I realized before I was into it. Sorry drift

And more drift
Also put on MaxAirII vent cover and redid the bath fan. Put in a Vortex II. I put in Blue Led's into the Vortex housing. Non direct just enough to take care of business. There was no fan or light or even screen. They had been removed. Wiring was still there so easy quick efficient. 3 speeeds out,2 speed in with screen and led light strip.

All this is in preparation for a new roof coat. I already have a gallon of seal seal and 5 gallon of Anvil 400. I coated Dbarth and Camp Barth. Some of you will remember I tried something else and did not like it. I was able to actually just pressure wash it off after a year. Does that give you an idea of how durable it was?

I'm going up to re title.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Dana,

I did the exact thing to my Barth bathroom fan minus the blue leds. I also put the Siphon 360 on my vent stack, however it did require me to put on an adaption ring.

Both were great improvements.

Taking the light off the roof, a great idea.

As I mentioned mine was broken so after that one time use, I carried behind the driver seat a hand held spotlight equip with an aircraft landing light. I could really check an area out.

Jim

past owner of a 1985 Barth Regency

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post