Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

New to the Group
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of TomH
posted
Hello all, I just joined the group, although I have been watching for some time. I've learned a lot just by reading many of your posts on various topics. I hope one day to be a Barth owner.

Posts: 7 | Location: South St Paul, MN | Member Since: 01-16-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our community TomH. Thumbs Up Depending on your personal preferences we have several for sale in Barth Sightings and in Barth Coaches for Sale, by our members.
Do not be surprised if you get bit by the bug to relentlessly pursue your perfect Barth.
Cheers for your search. cheers

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Welcome Tom, There are a lot of units for sale right now, Dana has probably the best of bunch and a good deal if you are after the bigger and fancy stuff. Seems like lots of smaller units in need of repair or upgrade around too. We are working on a spring GTG in your area perhaps you would like to stop over if it comes together. Good luck and again Welcome...

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomH:
Hello all, I just joined the group, although I have been watching for some time. I've learned a lot just by reading many of your posts on various topics. I hope one day to be a Barth owner.

Welcome to the group! The fact that you have invested the time to research our site speaks very highly. I did the same thing. I was lurking and reading posts for weeks before I posted. As far as I'm concerned you are already at the head of the class! Thumbs Up

As good as the Barth coaches are/were, their owners are the best part of the site. I have met some really fine people I would have never otherwise known, many I now consider lifelong friends.

I wish you well. There are some awesome great members in the "Minnesnowta" bunch. I try to get up that way whenever I can. As Duane suggests, member Dana has an excellent coach available near you. Check it out and meet Dana and Lynn, you won't regret it even if you're not ready for a coach.

Meanwhile, don't hesitate to ask questions and by all means try to get to know the members. You will not be disappointed.

Fair warning: This stuff is addictive, you could be a Barth junkie before you know it! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Tom
I'm not paying my friends to say these nice things. Tooling Along

As I suggested to you plan a trip down even if you don't buy DBarth I believe I can show you things to look for. You are the closest or equally close as Wally(Tonnka) Welcome again to the site.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TomH
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the words of welcome. I will definitely plan a future visit to meet you, Dana, and see a Barth coach in person.

Posts: 7 | Location: South St Paul, MN | Member Since: 01-16-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi Tom,

Welcome! Great site, well built solid coaches, and really nice people!

Dana's DBarth is an excellent unique coach and really close for you to look at. I also think Lou's excellent coach is still available. There may be others as well.

This site, it's people and the shared knowledge are a terrific resource for anyone interested in enjoying these great old motor coaches.

Thanks and hope to meet you sometime, Tooling Along
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Oh Boy, SteveVW and Kevin squaring off, I am gonna sell tickets... Shields Up

P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
That is not the way to welcome a new member.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Welcome to our community TomH. Thumbs Up Depending on your personal preferences we have several for sale in Barth Sightings and in Barth Coaches for Sale, by our members.
Do not be surprised if you get bit by the bug to relentlessly pursue your perfect Barth.
Cheers for your search. cheers
Doris, I did my part above.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I hope my comment was taken as intended just an attempt to lighten the situation, we all love Barth's in perhaps different ways, BillNY loves to make fun of my beloved Euro, as we are a great opinionated bunch, speaking our minds, all is respected as it should be. It will be an unrecoverable loss to have a highly respected member of this group not contribute any longer.

Besides the point, I need both Kevin and SteveVW to contribute to my needed hair piece. (peace)!

P30 chassis
350 engine

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
What the heck happened here? Confused
(Dictator Steve ????????????????????????)

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of Tool Man T
posted Hide Post
Sorry TomH, Warm welcome to Barthmobile!!!!!!
My bad.

Joel Taylor

Posts: 164 | Location: South Carolina | Member Since: 05-12-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tool Man T:
What the heck happened here? Confused
(Dictator Steve ????????????????????????)

Confused
Joel your confusion is understandable. Someone has removed their posts that were out of place. Steve's post was in response to those posts. Things put in print can not be unseen by those who saw them. Those coming later after deletions see things out of context. Everyone has been quiet because of the negative nature of those posts.

I also want no more negativity. I just felt the need to give an answer to your question. We can not afford to alienate or drive away any of our members.

Tom has put this post aside and is actively researching our vast accumulation of information from our prolific posters,

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1381 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dana:
We are communicating in a medium that doesn't always translate intent.

To whom it may concern: Sorry
I removed my posts that were in Thumbs Down poor taste and Thumbs Down content, that did not nono translate to in intended fun.
Sorry SORRY about wrong translation of intent. Sorry We need Click an emoji with the foot in the mouth for when this happens.
To all: Make it a good week. java