Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Other Forums
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted
If you're like me, I look at other RV forums (sorry Dave) and I have noticed that the Good Sams - Woodall's and RV.NET are all identical - only a name change. Kinda sneaky, are they any more to add to the list?
Are there any other good ones to browse?

[This message has been edited by kc_rusty (edited September 02, 2003).]

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Man, I don't feel bad at all. In fact, I strongly encourage everyone to spend as much time on other forum touting Barth as much as possible. These are the ones that I like and for what reason.

www.irv2.com I was one of the very early registraints on this site. In fact, I was a moderator for a while. It is very Winnebago oriented and has become very commercial. Which is fine because the cost of a big forum like that is huge. Like thousands a month. And it is owned by just a single guy who is an electronics rep and volunteer fireman.

www.escapees.com If you are going to be retiring someday and if motorhoming will figure prominently into those plans then escapees is for you. These are primarily fulltimers and the wealth of info especially about working on the road is immense. I also think the tone is a little lower on this forum. And they just changed last year to the UBB bullitin board software, (that's what I use but a much cheaper version) so the site is up to snuff.

Escapees is much more than the website. They run the largest mail forwarding service in the united states. If you ever meet a motorhome who's address is on Rainbow Drive in Livingston, TX then you know they are a fulltimer using Escapees mail forwarding service. They have some 300 employess and almost 10,000 customers.

Plus they have a really nice monthly (or is it bi-monthly) magazine. More stories than other magazine and more fun to read...

www.rv.net Many people are not aware that a company from Ventura, CA called Affinity Group ownes the world of RV's. Some of what that conglomerate owns is:

Camping World
Good Sam Club
Trailer Life
Motorhome Magazine
RV Alliance Insurance
Woodalls
Coast to Coast
www.rv.net
www.rvsearch.com
RV today TV show
ERS Emergency Road Service
Good Sam, Camping World or Coast to Coast all the same....
a bunch of Coachman stock
Then own five of the largest RV dealers in the US, in New York, Texas, South Carolina, Oklahoma and two in Indiana.
Plus a bunch more stuff I can't remember right now.

And it is my understanding that they are trying to buy Escapees. The mail forwarding service mentioned about is very profitable.

You can get to the RV.net forum from:

www.rv.net
www.campingworld.com
www.trailerlife.com
www.motorhomemagazine.com

and probably a few more portals.

Now lest I look like a know-it-all I am sure there are some slip-ups in this diatribe. So I respectfully invite corrections. but I think that it is generally accurate.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post