Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

THANKSGIVING
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Thanksgiving is GIVING THANKS. The Smith's have so much to be thankful for. This site is one for sure. We trust you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and for those on the road a SAFE journey. Dale and Sharon Smith.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And a Happy Thanksgiving to you also, Dale. One thing I have to do is smile a bit when I think of this bit of History. Thanksgiving as we know it is a Propaganda Program initiated by the US Government after the North won the Civil War. May 14th should be the date as that was when the Virginia Colony landed at Jamestown. Of course, Virginia being a "Rebel State", that just wouldn't do. The strange part of the story is, The Pilgrims were a real bunch of nut cases that had been jockied all across Europe in order to find some place they wouldn't be disruptive. Holland even kicked them out, because they were so incompatible to the laws of society! On the other side of the coin...without the PilGRIMs, we wouldn't have the wonderful legacy of the Salem Witch Trials.
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I suppose a lot of American history reads like a bad novel and if left to themselves we may not have made it past the 13 colonies. That's why I feel so strongly we were guided by a Divine hand. Can you imagine any of the politicians of today developing a new nation that would survive 250 years. Dennis Kusinich.......George Washington, who knows....

and those of you who are praying people, let's say a special prayer for all of our military who are all over the world keeping us safe and free

May God richly bless you all, and have a Very Happy Thanksgiving

Dave and Deb Bowers

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder -- or something like that. Saw 2 things on the boob tube tonight. (Or maybe both were part of the same program - that time of evening, I tend to fade in and out).

Anyway, one recounted the traditional view of the origin of Thanksgiving, starting with the pilgrims. The other was a protest by the Wampanoeg Indians, celebrating what they consider a day of infamy because of what happened to the Indian people in subsequent years.

Me? I ain't gonna fight, I'm just gonna enjoy.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What! The NORTH won? Man, you ain't from aroun hear. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Good thought Dale. Thanks for the reminder.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
....Don't wanna split hairs here, but there never was a Civil War.....It was a War Between the States.....

Unlike the definition of "civil war", which requires an identifiable segment of a sovereign's citizenry engaging in hostile actions to overthrow the existing government, the Confederacy NEVER intended to overthrow the federal government - They just wanted to be left alone.......Not much different than the colonists in 1775.......

Our country has not experienced a civil war..............yet....

OK, off the soapbox......

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Oh for cryin' out loud.

(my mom used to say that, just seem appropriate here)

Goooooooooooo Turkey

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pilgrims - 175

Turkeys - 0

:-)

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
I'm most thankful just to be home with my family. That is the greatest part of the Thanksgiving holiday. I came home early today ( Wednesday) and started baking. For some reason I felt inspired and the pies are turning out exceptionally well.

My son started an new job recently and his company gave him a turkey. He still lives at home, so I now have a free turkey. We usually buy a 12-14 lb. bird, but the company sent him a 26 lb. gobbler. Well, we will certainly eat well. If any Barthmobilers are in the area, come on over, we will have plenty. I'm most thankful just to be home with my family. That is the greatest part of the Thanksgiving holiday.

I hope everyone finds their own reason to be thankful. World conditions today make that more important than ever. Peace

------------------
Bill & Georgene Goodwin
92 Regency 36ft
300hp Cummins
Gillig Chassis

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU BARTHMOBILERS.

------------------
mike foster
83-35' regency 8.2 detroit towing 98 cherokee classic 4x4

Posts: 149 | Location: earlham,iowa-usa | Member Since: 01-08-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
While coming home this afternoon I saw this Thanksgiving comment on a bumper.

"IF YOU CAN READ THIS, GIVE THANKS TO A TEACHER....IF YOU ARE READING IT IN ENGLISH, GIVE THANKS TO A VETERAN (PAST & PRESENT)."

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Al
88 Barth Regency 40' with a CAT

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post