Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Data Tag Project Question
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/10
Picture of McBarth
posted
I'm confused over the year of my trailer. My Ohio title says its a 1965. On the Data Tag Project it's listed as a 1966??

Posts: 14 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 01-26-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
1963 was the first year for Barth. 1964, being the second year, we found a Vin# that stated B1174 and it was registered as a 1965. That B trailer looks like it was made in Nov of 64 thus making it registered as a 1965 but produced in 1964... So, we have taken the B to mean 1964 as year of production. Further along we found another tag D9-394-22 that is dated for 1966... D=1966. Another 2 tags are E11-516-19 & E11-518-22 and E would then be a 1967. So far, everything seems to line up.

A=1963
B=1964 ~ B1174
C=1965 ~ D6-370-18 this is yours. See how it doesn't seem to fit the pattern.
D=1966 ~ D9-394-22
E=1967 ~ E11-516-19 & E11-518-22

Of course, we could be entirely wrong in our supposition of how these tags were done. We are constantly relearning new things when it comes to the data tag project and we love it when something doesn't seem right because it helps us to better understand the codes that Barth used.

In regards to your Ohio Title stating a 1965. Who knows what was done for the last 44 years? Has it been constantly registered for that amount of time? Does you Title also state the same tag number?

Just ask Lee why his coach is a year older than it really is. Big Grin

Also, we might be wrong ourselves... head bang

You said you had alot of paperwork with your coach. What does your paperwork say? Bill of sale? Anything?

I'm going to go back and change the "Data Tag Project" to reflect how you have it registered.
quote:
Originally posted by McBarth:
My Ohio title says its a 1965.
In NY we only are given a title for anything newer than a 1973 or if the original documentation was lost and a bureaucrat was responsible to re-issue documentation on a vehicle that was older than 1973. Maybe this is the case with your trailer???

The fact that you have a title on a 196? might make the case for this scenario to have played out.

I just don't know for sure nor do I have a way of verifying anything. Just an educated guess for now.

For all we know, Barth might not have used a letter in their first year of production.

Time moves forward. Sadly, we haven't found anyone yet to confirm or repudiate our hunches.

Nick, or anybody else... What are your thoughts on this???

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Bill, I thought your answer was about as accurate as we can be. Each of the tags has been a learning process and has caused us to often rethink our earlier assumptions.

Hopefully, we well also find where this trailer fits in the overall scheme of things.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
This data tag/year of production issue has been bothering me since last night. I searched on the internet this morning for other possible places to look for our data tag on the 1965 travel trailer...not that we hadn't already spent many hours looking everywhere possible. Anyway, I read on a non-Barth site this morning that sometimes the VIN numbers are stamped into the tongue. I previously looked all over our rusty tongue, including underneath it, for a data tag plate. You'll never believe what I just found! After two months of looking for the data tag, I just found the data tag number stamped into the tongue! You can read it with the naked eye; I was also able to get a good pencil tracing of it. Bill took my camera with him to the kids' swim meet, but as soon as he gets back we'll post a picture on here. The data tag number for our 1965 travel trailer is B1-174-24. ROTFLMAO

I was also up late last night looking at the Barth CD. Our interior light fixtures are exactly the same as the ones shown in the pictures of the 1969 Barth travel trailer on the CD.

Sherrie

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
This data tag/year of production issue has been bothering me since last night.
Rookie. Big Grin

Nick and I have been plagued with it for a few years ourselves. Our support group meet every Wednesday night at 9pm in the chat room. See you there. ROTFLMAO

I remember reading in more than one place that the earlier vin#'s only were used for year of production but the actual registration was done for the year of sale.

So Nick... get your thinking cap on again and lets re-rack this thought process. head bang

Here is a 13 month old post when we first ran into the sequence starting off with a letter. http://barthmobile.com/eve/for...381014223#4381014223

BTW: I just redid the tag page to reflect the current info as we have it. Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Trailers may be different - did Barth outsource the frames? But my Breakaway's chassis was built 2/92. Construction was started 4/93; I don't know when it was completed (it's the prototype for '94 and later 28'), but mine is titled as a '94.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Management called me at the swim meet yesterday and says "You'll never guess what I just found...the Barth data tag".

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StinkyDaddy:
..."You'll never guess what I just found...the Barth data tag".
Excellent work Sherrie and thanks for the pictures William. Thumbs Up

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis