Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

logo
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
Picture of lenny and judy
posted
who owens the barth logo?I was just wondering ,I have a wood shop and I do signs, steps other wood pictures. and odds and ends like tables and boxes
like the table in the barth which I could put a logo on.
lenny

lenny and judy
32', Regency, Cummins 8.3L, Spartan Chassis, 1992
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Good question - since the company is non-existent now, I wouldn't think that anyone owns it. Even with current car logos, usually there are no legal restrictions to using the designs. Especially for club use where profit would not be the objective.

On another note, have you ever made camping signs like the ones www.3dwoodenphotos.com ? I would really like to get something like that made, but they are a bit pricey at that website. Plus I like supporting the "little guy" when given the opportunity. Smiler

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
good morning scottydl
I tould like to make one but I can't that sign was done with a lazer which starting price is about $5,000.00 ,not ready for that yet.I use templates and a pantograph.There is the
some conflict with our barth mobile store.I need writen ok to sell anything with the logo. I am not planning to make money on it.Woodwork is a hobby for me and profit would go the club.
lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Posts: 790 | Location: Naples Florida,g.g. | Member Since: 02-06-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Hey no problem (on the sign I was asking for). I'm sure Bill or another site veteran can help you out some more on the details regarding the logo.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with you showing off your woodworking skills. You're not stepping on my toes.

Now, if you decided to start selling Barth Binders or a Barthmobile CD... Then there might be a problem. ROTFLMAO

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have all the original books that came with the motor home. Don't think I am going to play with anything but the coach .don't know if coach will be ready to travel to the next outing before I have my left knee replaced and therapy completed.
might just drive up to the next get together .
We have a Barth welcome mat Judy found has to be cleaned and bottom rubber has to be replaced.She keeps finding stuff for me to work on.I better look in the compartments... lenny

lenny and judy
Tag# 9112 0158 32RS 1B

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
If Barth RSV, Inc. just ceased operations in 1998-99 and relinquished its charter in Indiana it would lose its registered name protection and the logo could be freely produced for any purpose. If they declared bankruptcy and went Chapter 7 (liquidation) and no buyer came to purchase the name or other assets in the court proceedings, then the rights would also terminate. If someone bought the assets and has proof of that you would need a letter of permission to use or sell the logo. Since Barthmobile has used the logo without any challenge for over two years there is little chance a challenge to its continued use would result. To preserve the opportunity to use the logo and name, Barthmobile could file a copyright in the federal copyright office and see if any objection is raised. The form is a renewal of a former copyright. I believe this only costs $45. If we have a member who is licensed as an attorney in the US Copyright Office or Patents he or she can do this. I am not so registered.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
According to Indiana Secretary of State records
  • Barth Corporation was formed 4/22/1963 and revoked 1/1/1978.
  • Barth Inc. was formed 4/5/1968 and Admin dissolved 2/25/1997.
  • Barth RSV, Inc was formed 3/24/1995 and Admin dissolved 1/8/2001.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This came up 2 days earlier (2/15) when Carl Feren Suggested I do this. So, if anyone would like to do some volunteer work on our behalf, go for it. Computer

Seeing that the profit margin on this site has a negative number in front of it, I will offer you 2 Barth Binders and a CD as compensation... Heck, I'll even throw in a Supporting Member Badge. Wink

This is negotiable as I might even go so far as to throw in another binder and place an image of your coach in the rotating screen shots of Barth coaches on our home page if it's neatly done. Roll Eyes

Anyone want to take this compensation package? Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post