Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Memorial Day
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted
Visit any Federal or State Military Cemetery. View the 1000's of plain white granite grave markers. Those are the remains of the people who gave all so you can live the life you do. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE MEMORIAL DAY!!! From a 75 year old Viet Nam veteran that made it back home.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Attended a Memorial Day ceremony today. To my left was my wife ... and nobody else. To my right was my son and two grandchildren ... and nobody else. The drivers of the cars passing the event appeared proud they recognized our fallen men and women heroes ... by slowing down. Sick.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Nick, I've told you this before, but it is worth saying again, and again, and again. You are a hero, and all the others.

As long as I lived in Pittsburgh, ever Memorial Day, I drove up to the Sewickley cemetery and put flowers on the graves of family members who gave their all. There are many who still remember. They always will.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your sacrifice. I have visited several war cemeteries and memorials, it is so hard to see all this young lives gone - what could they have become if they lived? And the pain for their families.
Attended a couple ceremonies at Groesbek in the Netherlands, it is a Canadian war memorial and 2300 are buried there. And it makes you think when you cross the bridge of Arnhem. So much we take for granted others died or suffered unimaginable pain.
THANK YOU ALL

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It has always been staggering for me to consider the incredible contributions of all of the people who choose to serve for others.

From a purely selfish perspective, there is nothing so precious as an hour of one's life. There is an unknown but finite supply, once spent they are gone forever.

These people choose to spend YEARS of their lives working for others, putting themselves second. I can think of no greater gift.

God bless all the heroes, living and dead.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Last Fall, I was one of several who buried my old friend Mickey McLennan at the Georgia National Cemetery. Mick was a Navy veteran who served in the early years of Vietnam. His service was quiet, respectful, with the playing of taps and an honor guard folding the American flag and presenting it to Mickey's wife Linda. There are 15 different areas for the burial of veterans at the Georgia National Cemetery, with 8000 men and women buried there. As far as you can see, one after another, are white crosses. This is just one of hundreds of cemeteries all over the world where men and women from the United States gave the ultimate sacrifice so others might have freedom. As you stand there looking out at the crosses, it brings so many emotions to you, and in some ways, it makes you feel very small.
If you have a young person in your life, take them to a Veterans Cemetery. It might make a difference. These young ones are our last hope.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post