Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1995 Barth Quality
 Login now/Join our community

<Dick Daley>
posted
I am a prospective owner researching Barth for future purchase. I am hearing that Barth ran into problems around 1995 keeping quality standards due to financial problems.
Is there a significant difference in quality of materials and workmanship from a 1992 to a 1995 Breakaway? I have passed on dozens of motorhome munufacturers because of terrible quality and construction. Barth coaches seem to be an excellent choice from all I have seen to date. Is 1995 a year of dissapointments? My thanks to Dave for this informative site!

------------------
Dick Daley
Prospective Barth Owner

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Dick,

Welcome to Barthmobile and thanks for the kind words.

I think that you are still OK with '95, '96 or later if you are buying a high line product. There is a 1998 for sale on rvtraderonline.com that just looks cheap and horrible. I wouldn't even list it on my site. You can also tell that they put a wide body shell on a 96" chassis. Looks like it would tip over if it went around a corner fast.

I have seen some awesome '95 Monarchs and Regency's. the 30-34ft. Breakaways of these years can't be beat. So make sure you check each coach out. But, I wouldn't worry too much about the later years. If fact, in the last couple of years of production, 96-98 they spent more time on commercial vehicles than motorhomes so there aren't as many out there anyway.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 15, 2002).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Lee Merriman>
posted
Even the quality on the very last Barth they built was excellent. So don't be afraid to buy one.

------------------
Lee Merriman

<Dick Daley>
posted
Thanks for the comments! I am comfortable that Barth Breakaway 1992-? 30 ft is the best quality coach for my family and budget that I have found. I am using my business travel requirements to visit owners around the country who have a Barth for sale. Hopefully, I will find the one to purchase in the near future. I will continue to monitor this site. It is the most valuable resource a new Barth enthusiast could have!

<Lee Merriman>
posted
I have had 6 Barths I am in a 93 Breakaway now and we love it

------------------
Lee Merriman