Barthmobile Portal
1995 Barth Quality

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/9061097061

08-12-2002, 05:07 PM
<Dick Daley>
1995 Barth Quality
I am a prospective owner researching Barth for future purchase. I am hearing that Barth ran into problems around 1995 keeping quality standards due to financial problems.
Is there a significant difference in quality of materials and workmanship from a 1992 to a 1995 Breakaway? I have passed on dozens of motorhome munufacturers because of terrible quality and construction. Barth coaches seem to be an excellent choice from all I have seen to date. Is 1995 a year of dissapointments? My thanks to Dave for this informative site!

------------------
Dick Daley
Prospective Barth Owner
08-12-2002, 06:00 PM
davebowers
Hey Dick,

Welcome to Barthmobile and thanks for the kind words.

I think that you are still OK with '95, '96 or later if you are buying a high line product. There is a 1998 for sale on rvtraderonline.com that just looks cheap and horrible. I wouldn't even list it on my site. You can also tell that they put a wide body shell on a 96" chassis. Looks like it would tip over if it went around a corner fast.

I have seen some awesome '95 Monarchs and Regency's. the 30-34ft. Breakaways of these years can't be beat. So make sure you check each coach out. But, I wouldn't worry too much about the later years. If fact, in the last couple of years of production, 96-98 they spent more time on commercial vehicles than motorhomes so there aren't as many out there anyway.

------------------
Shortcuts Always Take Longer

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 15, 2002).]
08-15-2002, 12:30 AM
<Lee Merriman>
Even the quality on the very last Barth they built was excellent. So don't be afraid to buy one.

------------------
Lee Merriman
08-15-2002, 11:42 AM
<Dick Daley>
Thanks for the comments! I am comfortable that Barth Breakaway 1992-? 30 ft is the best quality coach for my family and budget that I have found. I am using my business travel requirements to visit owners around the country who have a Barth for sale. Hopefully, I will find the one to purchase in the near future. I will continue to monitor this site. It is the most valuable resource a new Barth enthusiast could have!
08-19-2002, 07:49 PM
<Lee Merriman>
I have had 6 Barths I am in a 93 Breakaway now and we love it

------------------
Lee Merriman