Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hello from Knoxville, TN
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Den and Lisa
posted
Just got our first Barth and so excited to start a new adventure with it! Its a '87 Regal SE 33T. Has been painted but interior is in great shape and all original. Sure I'll have some questions as I begin to start updating the mechanical parts that may need attention. So thanks in advance!

Posts: 34 | Location: Knoxville TN | Member Since: 09-07-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site. You have come to the right place.

It looks like we have nearly identical twins! Thumbs Up

My 33 was built 8607 ie July 86. It was billed as an 87 model but I call it an 86 because it has the early style rounded front top above the windshield. Around Sep or Oct 86 they switched to the newer style like yours. I consider these the true 87 models.

I have coach 3346 yours must be pretty close after that. The floorplans are different, I'm guessing you have a dinette, I do not.

IHMO we have the best of the gas Barths. The tag axle adds greatly to the stability of the ride, makes it much easier in crosswinds or when semis pass. It also means your floor is higher from the ground and you have larger basement storage compartments.

I have put 43,000 miles on my 33 since March 2011. Having a ball meeting interesting Barth people and cruising around the country.

I have done MANY things to my coach. Crankshaft, later a new engine, camshaft and valve job, trans, radiator, headers/dual exhaust, sway bar, wheel balancers, tires, air bags, gauges, fuel injection, brakes, driveline, ACs, water heater, furnace, cruise control, fans, etc. Check out the threads I have posted here. Much of it will apply to yours. Feel free to ask questions, we can usually help.

In the "documents" forum you will find a 1986 GM service manual, also GM 1986 wiring diagram I downloaded. Other good stuff there, too.

Good luck with your cool coach. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of benebob
posted Hide Post
Pretty and welcome from another newbee.

Posts: 218 | Location: Lancaster, PA | Member Since: 09-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Den and Lisa
posted Hide Post
Much thanks! Been around RVs most of my life but this is our first Barth. I attached a pic of the vin tag if anyone know mores about it.

Posts: 34 | Location: Knoxville TN | Member Since: 09-07-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Hey there, welcome to the site. Thank you for updating your data tag and supplying a picture of your coach. Because of that you've already helped our site.

I've inserted an avatar that you can change later, updated our data tag collection, given you additional permissions that usually kick in at around 5-10 posts (only if I'm paying attention).

Seeing that you asked, here's what I've got for you. Courtesy of Gates

Molded Coolant Hose Lower Chassis Mtd.; Motor Home - 21442

Molded Coolant Hose Upper Chassis Mtd.; Motor Home - 21519

High Capacity V-Belt (Standard) Fan & P.S. W/O A.C. - 7450
High Capacity V-Belt (Standard) Fan, A.C. & P.S. - - 7612
Automotive V-Ribbed Belt (Heavy Duty) Fan, Alt. & A.P. - - K060560HD
Automotive V-Ribbed Belt (Standard) Fan, Alt. & A.P. - - K060560
High Capacity V-Belt (Standard) P.S. To A.P. - - 7450

Water Pump (Performance) Water Pump - - 44027P

and this should be your floorplan.

I've created a PB folder for your use 3440 and one of our helpers will be in contact to help you or we will just remove the attachments and upload them directly to that photobucket folder ourselves.

Welcome aboard and keep posting away. We're photo hounds over here so the more pictures you post the better you'll fit in. Cool

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Here is some hose and belt stuff from GM:

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of looking at a 1987 Barth Regal 33, i would like some advice from the community to point me in the right direction of things that i will need to look at when i go see it.. Thanks in advance

Posts: 3 | Location: East Tennessee | Member Since: 09-21-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Barth Check List

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
Barth Check List

Thank you so much!

Posts: 3 | Location: East Tennessee | Member Since: 09-21-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Den and Lisa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMCDoc:
I am thinking of looking at a 1987 Barth Regal 33

Did you go look at this one USMCDoc?