Tools
Reply To This Topic

Passing the torch
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/19
Picture of Sneelock
posted
Hi everyone.

Haven’t posted here for some time. As you regulars have already heard we are reluctantly parting with our beloved Rosie. We haven’t had much opportunity to use her since the pandemic changed pretty much everything we thought we knew about our country.

We’ve had her stored at Tillamook Air museum - a HUGE former Navy blimp hangar - for the past few years and while it’s technically inside and under cover this place is so big it practically has its own weather.

Anyway, we were concerned that even though I tried to take her out and run her every couple months, that prolonged disuse would result in problems. We chose to pass her on to someone that would get some use out of her rather than having her sit idle.

The new owners are very nice and seem to have a genuine interest in classic coaches, an eagerness to learn and a willingness to continue taking good care and even updating Rosie. It’s what we would all hope for in this situation and happy to see Rosie go to such a couple.

Regarding photos, yes, you nailed it: too much of a bother. I have hundreds of photos of stuff I’ve done to her and her parked at scores of places we’ve visited. Also have a couple hundred hours of dash cam footage which I hope to do something with at some point (I should live so long).

There are photos in the ad if any of you are interested and I will be happy to answer questions about the coach any of you may have. The ad is on Portland Craigslist and will remain up for a few more days.

Going forward the new owners don’t have much RV experience and I suspect they’ll check in here often with questions. Any help and advice you can offer will I’m sure be appreciated.

Lastly, thank you all for the help and feedback you’ve given me during my tenure as Rosie’s steward.

Chuck

Posts: 28 | Location: Pacific City, OR | Member Since: 08-12-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
What an absolutely beautiful coach. You did a fine job preserving Barth history. Thanks for your kind parting words.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
I copied a picture from your Craigslist and put in Easywinds mini split post.

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post