Tools
Reply To This Topic

Oshkosh Chassis
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
I'm looking at a 2002 Foretravel on an Oskosh chassis with a Ford 460 and a C6 transmission. While I have a lot of experience with the GM P37 chassis, I know nothing about the Oshkosh chassis. Any comments would be appreciated. Of course if the right late 80s Regal came along, it would be another thing. Apparently, Roger Pence isn't going to part with Old Blue (which I shouldn't have sold in the first place) And I gave it away head bang
Hum (aka Jim)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a Georgie Boy 34’ Class A back in the 90s with the same set up. We drove it 150K miles and never had an issue with the chassis. Found it to be far superior to the P30.

Posts: 31 | Location: Wherever we happen to be | Member Since: 02-21-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Heavier duty than P30. Originally was a Dodge M400, revived by John Dear and then sold to Oshkosh.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post