Tools
Reply To This Topic

♪ ♫ - Back To Life, Back To Reality - ♪ ♫
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
Well, a few of you have noticed that I've been a lot less active within the last month or so. Sometimes, when life gives you a few curveballs, you're forced to prioritize things in your life.

Yes, I've been away. I have not been keeping up much related to Barthmobile. Sure, you might have seen me listed as being on the site, but that's just because this is my homepage and whoever logs on to the internet using this primary computer makes it look like I'm here. There are several reason why I've be absent... Medical - workload - family.

To expand a little.
If you've ever had a gallbladder issue, you know how painful and scary that can be. I was admitted to the hospital for 3 days just to stabilize and remove a blocked gallstone. Apparently, it takes that long to make your "Homer Simpson Skin Tone" slightly fairer and the buckets of sweat turn into just feeling clammy instead. About a week later, I was readmitted to have a procedure to remove the gallbladder. This is all very painful stuff. This was not my only medical problem this year, but it sure was the worst.

One less mechanic during the height of the vacation period means a stressful workload for the others. Now, add in a boss who is hospitalized while the other mechanic is on vacation and you have all the makings for calamity. Nobody working at all.

Family... I felt like I've let them down by being sick and not keeping up on my strong desire to provide. I know, it sounds silly to some that I'm worried about that. But, it's just how I'm built. My desire to provide a financially stable life was, in my mind, threatened. No work, no play, and a hospital stay - Oh my!!! Frowner

Why am I telling you this? You're family, you should know. So now that I feel mostly good with keeping up on things around here, I'd like to thank my group of moderators and our members who have been keeping up, while I've been down.

Several requests:
- If anyone is waiting on anything they've paid for PLEASE contact me via the "Private Message" function below my signature profile and I'll get your products out to you ASAP. I am very sorry for the delay.
- Anyone who has donated to our site and hasn't receive a supporting members badge, please let me know. I need to rectify the situation sooner, rather than later. Sorry for my oversight.
- Does something need attention in my absence? I'm sure that I've missed a few things here and there.

Please don't tell me how silly my thought process is, the wife has already taken care of that for you. Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Bill,

I was alarmed reading about your gall bladder issue, but it is good to hear that you are feeling better now and hopefully things will look much brighter. When it rains, it does oftentimes pour.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and good luck getting things back in order.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please don't tell me how silly my thought process is,

I'm sorry that you had to go through the pain and suffering and I wish you a rapid and total recovery. At least you made it to Pocono.
Your thought process seems sensible and logical to me. Good work. Thumbs Up D.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of kokoken
posted Hide Post
Speedy recovery, Bill.

1979 24 footer

Posts: 65 | Location: Indiana | Member Since: 07-28-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Hope you're feeling better and will be your old self sooner rather than later.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
When compared to family and health issues I think everyone would agree the site is a distant second. Take care of #1, we'll be fine. Thumbs Up

Wish I knew a little more about big diesels, I'd be glad to moonlight for you! mechanic

It's hard to avoid being stressed when you seem to be falling behind. I still get cranked up this time of year before school starts and this is my third year of retirement!

Above all, be well, take care of yourself.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
You are the reason for the saying. "You can't keep a good Man down" Speedy catchup and recovery.

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
May the peace and the healing of the Lord Jesus Christ be with you, Bill.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Heeee'ssss Back!!!!! Yeah cheers

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome back! mechanic

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of Jace
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Bill!

Jace and Pheba

Posts: 12 | Location: Chandler, Texas | Member Since: 07-19-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Welcome back and may each day be better than the last...

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Sometimes when it rains it pours. Glad you are back Tooling Along

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you're on the flip side of all that, tough road there my brother. Nothing is silly about wanting and needing to provide for the family, just shows where your values are, got to respect that.

Glad to have you back, take care!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are.
Arthur Golden

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post