Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

design pet peeve
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted
We all love our Barths, but I do have trouble understanding why the dining area in our 19M Class C converts into a bed with a mattress which is only 67 inches long. There is a ten-inch unused space behind one of the bench seats and the drivers seat, so by making the table ten inches wider (another plus) and the seat cushions five inches deeper you'd have a bed that an adult could sleep on.
Is it just the 19M with this unnecessary flaw?

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
There are so many questions like this. The variations among our RVs are always there when we lok closely.

For me one of the biggest is why would you build an aluminum body and then use steel frames in the skirts below the floor line? So many Barths have nice upper bodies and the skirts below are falling apart.

I think one reason Barth is no longer in business is they were just learning themselves. Evolving from trailers to coaches to larger coaches they made changes but not always with the best results.

I suspect your Class C was designed for export to Europe or Asia, where everything is smaller and everyone is shorter? ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
I suspect your Class C was designed for export to Europe or Asia, where everything is smaller and everyone is shorter? ROTFLMAO
Instead it went to Canada where we are all huge lumberjacks...

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post