Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Carpet cleaning
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Would there be any issue with using standard house hold cleaning people such as "Stanley Steamer", "Coit" etc, to shampoo the carpets in our Barth? Probably plywood underlayment and wondered what effect shampoo and wet carpets would have. We are having our house carpets cleaned and thought it would be a good time to do the Barth. Thanks

------------------
Ed
94 30' Breakaway side entry
230 Cummins, Alison 6 speed
Sparton chassis

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Most of the commercial carpet cleaners inject the water and immediately pick it up, flushing the dirt out and leaving very little moisture. I have a small commercial carpet cleaner,and use it occasionally in my SOB, with no ill effects.

I do run the A/C after to keep the humidity down while the slight dampness dries out.

------------------
Rusty

StaRV II, '94 28' Breakaway, 6.5L TD
2 Not-spoiled Golden Retrievers.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
I used a commercial carpet cleaning service in my Barth with no ill effects. In a Barth the subfloor is going to be at least as high quality as your house. Not sure about stick-and-staple RVs.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
I've used Stanley Steamer to clean the carpets with no apparent ill effects except to my wallet Believe it was an extra $35 to clean the Barth

------------------
Russell and Donna
1988 33' Barth Regal
Gibson Exhaust, Bilsteins, ipd sway bar

[This message has been edited by kc_rusty (edited February 03, 2006).]

Posts: 136 | Location: overland park,ks,usa | Member Since: 08-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post