Forums    General Discussions    How many 1998 models were built?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

How many 1998 models were built?
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I own a 1998 Regency which I currently have for sale on e-bay. This e-bay listing has brought several questions about my coach and boy am I getting an education.

I understand that 1998 was the last year Barth was in business.

My coach is titled as a 1998 Barth, The data tag lists the Barth manufacture date as 11/97 and the Spartan chassis manufacturing date as 4/95. The data tag reads 9711-M0041-36MM-04.

Any info. you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posts: 5 | Location: Jamestown, NY | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
I don't think many were built, but they undoubtedly used up old parts that were still available. The coach is mechanically a 1994, but it is unknown when the body was built. This is one of the problems with the later years of the Barth's - the year of sale is sometimes several years later than the mechanical age of the coach. The mechanical's are important, and significant improvments sometimes occur between the chassis date and date it is titled. In your case, the transmission is the big advantage either way, so you are ok there. I may have looked at that coach a few years ago at the Harrisburg RV show. I had never seen a Regency without corian countertops. Other Regency's also had diesel generators that were higher end than the garden variety Onan quiet 7.5KW versions. I thought the coach I saw was probably a Monarch, but not a Regency. The last year they made the Regency was (I think) 1996. Don't get me wrong, the Monarch is still a Barth, and the basics are solid quality. It's just that they are not quite as high as the Regency, but the quality is still there.

Posts: 57 | Location: Washington DC | Member Since: 03-11-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
From the ad:

"The Cummins engine is originally a 250hp but has been turned up to 300hp. This engine has the ability to be turned up to a 425hp if desired."

--------------------------------------------

I would be interested in any info on this. i.e. What was done to increase from 250 to 300 hp, and what would need to be done to go to 425 hp.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In order to increase your horse power you need to increase your air flow with a larger turbo, better air flow air filters and air fuel mixture adjustments. (these adjustments should be made by a certified technician.) If your coach is new enough, this can be accomplished through a computerized chip.

Posts: 5 | Location: Jamestown, NY | Member Since: 03-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My coach is definetly a Regency. It has the Regency emblem both to the right of the entry door on the outside and an emblem on the dash in front of the passenger seat.

I don't see how it could mechanically be a 1994 as the Spartan chassis was manufactured in 4/95 and the body was manufactured in 11/97 through Barth. The original sale date of this coach was in 1998.

If manufactured in late 1997, it would make this coach a 1998 model.

yes, my coach does have corian counter tops.

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the site.

In most cases, anything past a June or July build date is considered the next model year. Based on your data tag you have a 1998 model year. 9711 stands for November of 1997. Do you have a picture of the tag that has that number on it? Please send any additional photos, please don't shrink them, to bill_ny@barthmobilecom

we have been discussing your coach over here if you would like to update that thread. Wow!...a '98 on Ebay

Do you know if this is a Mountain Master MC or a Mountain Master IC Chassis?

It is a 300hp... what model? An 8.3? An M11? An L10? The HP could have been on any of these engines and really doesn't describe your power plant properly.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post