Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Community Check In
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
Interested in how the Barth Family is coping with the various measures being issued to limit exposure and spread. Have heard from Ed Wrench that he has been caught up in the California travel ban and can’t get out. So far no known limitations in Texas (yet). How is everyone else?

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Being in the high risk category, I'm staying in the house unless I have to go to the doctor. That's ok because we live on a farm with my daughter and her family and they do shopping for us. Tere should also be staying home, but since she is, or shall we say, was, indestructible, she is also house bound. She fell off a stool while caulking a motor home we're selling and dislocated/broke her right foot. head bang Have two motor homes for sale. Not Barths Tooling Along

Hum (aka Jim)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
We too are in "Lockdown" here in Louisiana . Travel is restricted to necessary travel : food , medicine , doctors visit and such . All non essential businesses were ordered closed . Restaurants are take out only . All schools are closed , probably for the rest of the school year . Most government offices are closed .
As for me , it's work as usual with a few exceptions .
All ems calls we make are screened by dispatch and if the patient has any flu like symptoms , we have to wear bio-hazard protective suits . On all calls we use extreme caution and if any symptoms are there , we treat it as if there are infected.
We are praying that none of us get exposure and bring it home . Scary stuff , but someone has to do it . Retirement really sounds great , but I couldn't leave right now when the community needs us the most .

This too shall pass .

Everyone stay safe and God Bless Smiler

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
We're doing ok. Virginia banned gatherings of more than 10 people and shut down non essential businesses. Management started working from home yesterday so she doesn't have to go out. I print t shirts for concerts, events, festivals and schools... so I've lost just about all of my work for the next couple of months.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Retirement really sounds great , but I couldn't leave right now when the community needs us the most .

Harold, thank you for all the folks you are going to help!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Doing OK here in Fla. I'm still working for now, working on a house on Pam Island, accessible only by ferry, but we have the feeling it will be shut down soon. We stay in the truck, and only crack the windows 3 inches going across, and we are the only ones in the house, so I feel about as safe as I can get. After work it's straight home, and no visiters. Lockdown is coming, but our guv is a little slow on the draw.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Liz and I are hiding safely in the RV park here in DeSoto county. Jim and Joan Roller are across the street, doing fine. We went from no cases in this county to 5 in the last few days. Adjacent Charlotte county reported only 3 for the last week or so and 2 have already recovered.

Florida cities, like all cities, are reporting increasing cases but with luck, people will hide out and not make it worse.

Many of the snow birds around here have left already and there will be many more leaving at the end of this month. With the reduction in local population we will probably see fewer additional local cases.

Liz and I are planning to stay put until late April. Cases in Michigan are spreading like wildfire so we are likely better off here.

We are seeing record heat lately, near 90 all last week and into the next. It is not too bad in the morning so I have worked on a few projects then. We head to the pool in the afternoon. So far, we are safely isolated and life is good.

We wish good health and safety to all the Barth community.
Take care, be well.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
It is rare times we live in! We have no reported corvid 19 in Clinton yet, but if some do arrive it is worrisome.

People are hoarding stuff, never seen the store shelves so bare. Trying to stay home as much as possible.

My guess the next week or so will be a tough time for the country.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Essential service! Still working. Never know when someone is going to infect me. Lynn is working from home. Me I have a great immune system. I worry about bringing something home to Lynn.

Have 3 relatives so far positive tested. All are unhospitalized, Healing at home and improving.

To soft to move the coach so I can work on it. Brakes on the wifes car. I was able to get the boat. (Also old) moved to the garage and have been working on it. Fired up the wood burner to make it nice. Same as working on the Barth. Parts no longer available. I have started in one direction and then had to switch when I found roadblocks. Getting parts are actually much longer, like months projected. I don't have time for that??

I have a list longer than my arm, crappy dreary weather (Sending moisture to Duane), VIRUS THREAT, Government issued "Stay-at-home.

Government is sending me money(I think they got it from me?) Currently healthy, washing my hands, thanking god we have such a great country we have resources to fight this. Most will survive. We will find/develop a vaccine. We will get through this but I am tired/stressed/scared.

Praying for all of us who have to be in contact with others daily. Those on the frontlines THANK YOU!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Seems like things begin to get interesting sometimes. My urologist has me scheduled to have an operation at the University of Tennessee Medical Center on March 31st. First they said it was elective and they would put it off. Then they said it was not elective and they would do it. Now I have to find out why they said it was not elective. Is there something they're not telling me? Fortunately, not many cases in the Knoxville area and supposedly none at the UT Medical Center. At least as of yesterday.

Update: Turns out the procedure is necessary--growth in the bladder--which will continue to grow. The sooner the better for that reason as well as the worsening virus situation. Surgery scheduled for tomorrow at 10AM. I get to go flirt with the nurses Thumbs Up Wink

Hum (aka Jim)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Seems like things begin to get interesting sometimes. My urologist has me scheduled to have an operation at the University of Tennessee Medical Center on March 31st. First they said it was elective and they would put it off. Then they said it was not elective and they would do it. Now I have to find out why they said it was not elective. Is there something they're not telling me? Fortunately, not many cases in the Knoxville area and supposedly none at the UT Medical Center. At least as of yesterday.

Hum (aka Jim)
By "cases", I meant cases of the corona virus. Do I have the operation and risk getting the virus or wait until the danger is over and risk the problem getting worse? Don't you love it?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Honestly with the flu season we have had and now the Covid-19 , the hospital is the last place to be unless absolutely necessary .

Down here right now , most hospitals are not allowing visitors including family members . We took a very nice 86 year old to the ER today . We didn't feel comfortable taking her in , but it was too serious a problem for her to stay home . She and her family knew that it meant she would be alone at the hospital .
It's a sad situation .
It's been a rough day today . We had a 10 year old boy drown in a pond . He was under water for 40 minutes before our coworkers pulled him to the surface . They were able to get his heart beat back , he is now in ICU . The water was cold , so there is hope . Now we pray he makes it .

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Expendable here too. Come on when is construction essential?
Can see some reduction in traffic but not as much as I expected.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Mowed the runway, mowed around the hangar, mowed the front of the house, then the back. After 6 hrs mowing decided to clean the place up. Rolled and hauled off 5 bus tires that were there ingrown for years, set 3 more aside still mounted on split rims. Burned all burnables, hauled off junk. Chainsawed several trees down. Picked up 3 strands of downed barbed wire, cleared overgrown former fence line. Burned some more. All that in greatest GA spring weather in the 80s. Then kicked the feet up on the porch and enjoyed a cold beer or 2.
Social distancing is easy, only surrounded by fields, swamp, cow pasture.
In case the end of toilet paper comes, we got old washrags/washing machine and a shower...
Glad not to be trapped in an apartment. Green acres is the place for me Big Grin
Dreading the trip to the grocery store that will be needed eventually.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
The question is--"What are you doing tomorrow?" ROTFLMAO Tere and I are lucky that way, too. Between her broken foot and my love for being a hermit, we don't have any trouble sitting on the porch of this beautiful 35 acre farm, watching the horses run and the trees come out. Still haven't heard from the dr about the urgency of this surgery.

Hum, (aka Jim)

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B