Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Community Check In
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of Harold,Cat&Sam
posted Hide Post
Mowing and more mowing Tooling Along

I can only mow a fraction of what i need to . Currently it is too wet in most of the areas I mow . Don't want to put ruts everywhere . Like most Spings , there are places where the weeds get a little tall before I can get them mowed.
We live on six acres in the woods , so we are watching the birds and squirrels eat and play .

The rain has been nice to watch though . Everything here is pretty and green .

I've never lived in "town" , I was raised in the country and have always lived in the country . Cat is from Minneapolis , so this was a big change for her Smiler

Hope everyone weathers the storms and the virus.

Stay safe

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW

Posts: 621 | Location: Mooringsport,LA | Member Since: 05-30-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Harold,Cat&Sam:
Mowing and more mowing Tooling Along

I've never lived in "town" , I was raised in the country and have always lived in the country . Cat is from Minneapolis , so this was a big change for her

Tell Cat the snow is just gone and the ice is leaving the lakes. 1/2 my relatives are all around Maurice/Lafayette. I’m 1/2 cajun. Eating crawfish for lent Friday’s. Pretty sure crawfish is antiviral....

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Eating crawfish for lent Friday’s. Pretty sure crawfish is antiviral....

quote:
Eating crawfish for lent Friday’s. Pretty sure crawfish is antiviral....

Do you suck out the brain juice or just eat the tail???

I am pretty sure we have all that melt water, now stop the rain up there!!!!

River is a mess but not as bad as last year!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane88:
[QUOTE

Do you suck out the brain juice or just eat the tail??

I had 15 pounds tails sent up. Crawfish étouffée is what we are eating twice a week right now. Just the two of us I don’t have live sent up. Takes to much planning/follow through/time when working. Étouffée is much easier/faster

Laissez le bon temps roller

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
This link is the MS. River forecast from my boating waters to the first dam. If you notice there are few showing a downward future .
http://www.riverbills.com/riverbills_river_gages.html
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
From one Coonass wanta be to another. We just need a bushel of raw oysters, some shrimp gumbo, fried catfish smothered in that crawfish etouffee. Been married to a GREAT Cajun cook for 56 years.

Life is great.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I’ve had to increase my dosage (and variety) of anti-viral serum. In addition to my usual regimen of Scottish Ale, Belgian Triple and BBA Stout, I’ve begun a trial of Double IPA and Imperial IPA. So far, the prophylaxis has been effective ROTFLMAO

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
This Virus is really frustrating, gas here in Iowa is down to $1.34 a US gallon, nose is ready for the road and I want some of that spicy Cajun food. Weather would be nice for trip, wonder if the bass are on beds in the southern states??!!! Tempted!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
From one Coonass wanta be to another. We just need a bushel of raw oysters, some shrimp gumbo, fried catfish smothered in that crawfish etouffee. Been married to a GREAT Cajun cook for 56 years.

Life is great.

Nick

Nick,
We are making our own Boudin and we have gotten pretty good at after many years of not so good. Figured it out. We were trying to be to healthy. We had been removing the fat and you can’t do that. It needs that to get the right consistency. The flavor was good but it was dry and firm. Not good. Made a big pot of gumbo the other day Cajun sausage shrimp and chicken. Never really acquired a taste for oysters.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Gotta be Conecuh sausage! We haven't been in the land of lately so we've had to do mail order.
Next post is url, if not proper in the rules delete it.
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ccctimtation:
Gotta be Conecuh sausage! We haven't been in the land of lately so we've had to do mail order.
Next post is url, if not proper in the rules delete it.
Tim

Tim I make and have been making my own Cajun sausage for a long time. Boudin is aSo a Cajun rice sausage. You can/could walk into the butcher shop and walk out eating right out on a paper towel just like a ice cream sandwich but oh so much better.

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Boudin

for uninitiated:
Etymology

The Anglo-Norman word boudin meant 'sausage', 'blood sausage' or 'entrails' in general. Its origin is unclear. It has been traced both to Romance and to Germanic roots, but there is not good evidence for either (cf. boudin.[2] The English word "pudding" probably comes from boudin.[3]
Types

Boudin ball: A Cajun variation on boudin blanc. Instead of the filling being stuffed into pork casings, it is rolled into a ball, battered, and deep-fried.[4]
Boudin blanc: A white sausage made of pork without the blood. Pork liver and heart meat are typically included. In Cajun versions, the sausage is made from a pork rice dressing (much like dirty rice), which is stuffed into pork casings. Rice is always used in Cajun cuisine, whereas the French/Belgian version typically uses milk, and is therefore generally more delicate than the Cajun variety. In French/Belgian cuisine, the sausage is sautéed or grilled. The Louisiana version is normally simmered or braised, although coating with oil and slow grilling for tailgating is becoming a popular option in Lafayette, New Orleans, Lake Charles, Baton Rouge and Houston.
Boudin blanc de Rethel (pronounced [bu.dɛ̃ blɑ̃ də ʁə.tɛl]): a traditional French boudin, which may only contain pork meat, fresh whole eggs and milk, and cannot contain any breadcrumbs or flours/starches. It is protected under EU law with a Protected geographical indication status.[5][6]
Boudin noir: A dark-hued blood sausage, containing pork, pig blood, and other ingredients. Variants of the boudin noir occur in French, Belgian, Cajun and Catalan cuisine. The Catalan version of the boudin noir is called botifarra negra. In the French Caribbean, it is known as boudin Créole. In Britain a similar sausage is called "black pudding", the word "pudding" being an anglicized pronunciation of boudin, and probably introduced after the Norman Conquest.
Boudin rouge: In Louisiana cuisine, a sausage similar to boudin blanc, but with pork blood added to it. This originated from the French boudin noir.
Boudin vert: A green sausage made of pork meat and cabbage and kale. Popular in the Belgian province of Walloon Brabant.
Boudin valdôtain: with beetroot, spices, wine and beef or pork blood,[7] in the French-speaking Aosta Valley of Italy;
Brown-rice boudin: Brown-rice boudin is a less common variation made from brown rice with taste similar to traditional pork boudin.[8]
Crawfish boudin: Popular in Cajun cuisine, crawfish boudin is made with the meat of crawfish tails added to rice. It is often served with cracklins (fried pig skins) and saltine crackers, hot sauce, and ice-cold beer.
Gator boudin: Made from alligator, gator boudin can be found sporadically in Louisiana and the Mississippi gulf coast.
Shrimp boudin: Similar to crawfish boudin, shrimp boudin is made by adding the shrimp to rice.[8]

Click

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Dana, I'm drooling.

Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Dick nice article. Mine is pork and other ingredients. No liver, heart or blood in mine. Premium product in, premium product out. I like blood and eat beef and venison super rare. Blood is full of taste.

We got a little thread drift going. We all need comfort food to get thru this

Stay Safe and healthy

Dana & Lynn
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth