Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Safety Compliance statement
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Do barths have a safety compliance statement anywhere on their body/chassis??
Or were they sold buyer beware...Wink

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Not sure what is meant by "safety compliance standards", but as far as crash testing and things like that... there is no such thing for motorhomes. At least there is no federal standard like cars & vans have for seatbelts & airbags. For instance, many motorhomes have side-facing seatbelted areas which are quite unsafe and would never be used in a car... although belted sideways is safer than riding unrestrained I suppose.

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Check Don's post about Canadien Safety seal below. I believe they are discussing what you are asking about.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Zeeff:
Check Don's post about Canadien Safety seal below. I believe they are discussing what you are asking about.

Doug replied in that thread, before he started this one. I think the Canadian discussion probably prompted the question of whether the US has similar requirements for RVs. Wink

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
ok...the following is what I had in mind:

notice that there is NO DATE indicated~~~~

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
In order to import a Barth into Canada from the U.S. that is less than 15 years old it must have the "THIS VEHICLE COMPLIES WITH ALL APPLICIBLE FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE sAFETY STANDARDS ETC. ETC." statement on a tag somewhere as well as a "Date of Manufacture"
I could not find a compliance statement anywhere on Don & Linda's Breakaway when we were at the Brooksville rally. The tag on their's was similar to the one Doug illustrated but did have a date of manuf. on it.
Their coach would be in our driveway now if we could have met the import rules!
We looked at a few SOBs of the same era and they all had the statement, on the same tag as the VIN, GVWR, axle weights, date of manufacture.
We looked at 2 other Barths while in Florida (90 Regal & 92 Breakaway) and couldn't find the safety statement on them either!
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
My 1976 has this tag just below the drivers side window. The date 4/7/1976 located on the upper right corner of this card.

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by REGLOVER:
My 1976 has this tag just below the drivers side window. The date 4/7/1976 located on the upper right corner of this card.

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
They are talking about the

THIS VEHICLE CONFORMS
TO ALL APPLICABLE SAFETY
STANDARDS IN EFFECT IN:
DATE

Which is located on the left side of the card - notice how there is no date stamped above the 29,640 #

Looks like a mistake that there is no date - I can see a date in the upper right hand corner of the picture...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
posted Hide Post
Bill, on my 1976 it states That "THAT THIS VECICLE CONFORMS TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLES SAFETY STANDARDS IN EFFECT IN 12/12/75" This info is located near the bottom of my card.

Ralph

Ralph Glover
1976 27' Barth
P-30 454
1998 Tracker Toad

Posts: 167 | Location: LaFontaine, IN,USA | Member Since: 07-03-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post