Barthmobile Portal
Just Rambling on

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9331087061/m/8793943497

05-07-2020, 11:59 AM
Duane88
Just Rambling on
Well bored to tears with this staying at home, the river is dropping slowly, tried to get some bass, but they did not co-operate, river is still a bit to high @ 12/11 ft. Thanks Dana!!!

Seems funny, our governor has opened the restaurants and bars, if the social distance is kept, some bars opened but not a single restaurant, I think they are afraid of getting sued, if someone could place the blame of catching the virus at their establishment. Maybe they are making more money with delivery and carryout.

Ole Nose in the driveway, decided the engine noise could be reduced, took the dog house off cleaned up the inside surface and put two layers of press on duct insulation over the existing stuff. The piano hinge was really loose and bent, wood screws had come loose. some had fallen out. Straitened it out, put it back together with longer and wider screws. Started the engine and that noise was significantly less, however the Gilmer belt squeal was not affected at all. Must be the pitch, goes right through the insulation. It is a lot better than it was.

Need a test drive of several hundred miles, can not wait till June and off to Minnesnowta. Sure need some friendly contact.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine
05-07-2020, 01:51 PM
Steve VW
I think you are correct about the liability issues. I would be worried too. All those lawyers out of work will be ready to go.

I am surprised that things are opening up so quickly. I guess politics overrides science and common sense. The guidelines called for 2 weeks of decline after the peak before opening up. Not one state has seen two weeks of overall declining numbers yet.

With over 72,000 dead, we are just peaking now. Typically the down side of the curve is flatter than the rising side so we can expect to at least double what we've seen so far, ASSUMING CONDITIONS DO NOT CHANGE. By relaxing the restrictions, I predict the curve will rise again and prolong the problem. We are headed for at least 150,000 by this fall, probably more.

I feel very sorry for those who are struggling to get by, but I fear for their safety if they insist on exposing themselves and others.

I got my stimulus payment the other day. I donated it to the local food bank.

Please be careful for a while. Hope to see you in June.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
05-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Jim and Tere
Until there's a vaccine, nobody is immune to this virus. So, everyone will be exposed to it until maybe November at the earliest. Somewhere around 92% will get a mild case. 8% will get a serious case. About 1% will die. It's a big number. 322000. Hopefully, one of the antivirals will bring that number down. To put it in perspective, 606000 people in the U.S. die from cancer each year.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
05-07-2020, 06:30 PM
Steve VW
The current death rate in Michigan is 9% statewide. Frowner

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp
05-07-2020, 07:13 PM
Duane88
Steve, I always knew you were a person of kindness and generosity. I thank you from the heart for your donation. I only donated half, and it was to our local humane society.

Being a bit selfish I am considering using the other half to buy a TBI system for nose, we will see.

Yes a vaccine is the only real stop to this, but never has one been developed for the cold or a real effective flu shot. I don't know what the thinking can be, if a few hundred folks that came in on ships and airplanes got us to this point, how in the hell does anyone think at this point it will decline with hundreds of thousands of folks with this disease.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine