Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Breakaway XL
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted
Just wanted to share that I logged over 8K miles on my Breakaway XL this year, and the engine and tranny performed flawlessly. Was a huge confidence builder for me.
Had a few minor issues with the steps, a brake light air/solenoid switch, and a drivers side windshield replacement(gravel off interstate going through Nashville....windshield was replaced by a mobile service that came to our camp spot in Southern Arizona).
....and many comments at campgrounds....cool retro bus you've got there!
Carried two well stocked tool boxes with me and even completed an oil change out behind a Rodeo Fairground dirt parking area in Laramie Wyoming.

Love this bus!

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I often wonder how many folks still do full time RV living anymore. I really wonder how many Barth's are out there full time. I see we have only a couple on the site that seem to share their full time wonders and woes. Geez I got to use the word wonder four times including this one...

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2041 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Michael, From what I have learned here on Barthmobile, your Breakaway XL is a like a regency with a lower curve on the roof. Does it have the Gillig chassis, air ride suspension? There not many Barth Breakaway Coaches with The Commercial Gillig chassis.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Hey Kevin,
Hope you're in good spirits and health!
Yep, commercial Gillig w/two air springs in the front and two in the back(I replaced those).
Cummings 8.3
I believe this is the only Breakaway XL configured this way and only one of two XL's registered in the database.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The unique Barth Breakaway, XL. Does anyone know what the "XL" stands for?

quote:
Originally posted by MichaelR:

I believe this is the only Breakaway XL configured this way and only one of two XL's registered in the database.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey mike will you be coming to the GTG in fl

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Kevin, Just an educated guess, But all the XL's seem to be 33ft or longer and have the heavier frame, bigger engine, and air brakes and air suspension.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Nick, it is a 33 footer. Complete air suspension

Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Hello Evan,
Thought we might make it, but my wife(contract nurse), couldn't find a position in the area through the company she is working with. I have some commitments in the East TN area through the next three months, so we are back in this area for the time being. Just returned from Colorado last month. My wife was working in Louisville(hospital), and I at the Rock Mountain Metro Airport(A&P).
We are looking forward to meeting all the Barth "pilots" when we can plan a stay at a GTG in the future. Thanks for the inquiry.

posted Hide Post
If your ever near Tampa area welcome to stay our place

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nick Cagle:
Kevin, Just an educated guess, But all the XL's seem to be 33ft or longer and have the heavier frame, bigger engine, and air brakes and air suspension.

Nick

Click hmm XL = Extra Length Click hmm

Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the invitation Evan. My wife has family in the Lake Worth area and in Sarasota. The next time we head down to Florida for a family visit, I'll be sure to give you a call