Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

salty
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Flathead
posted
Todays been a busy day.
The old 73' got bit hot on the trip back to Middle Tennessee from North Mississippi back in July so I finally had a few days to pull the radiator and do all of the PM that I've been putting off for the last couple of years. Last Monday I sent the radiator down to the local Rad shop for R&R, all new hoses , belts, water pump, and anything else in the front end. Well the radiator didn't make it back for this weekend so I decided it would be a good time to take care of all the salt rot in the front. I pulled off all the front skins and OH NO!!! Well 6 hours later we have a complete rebuilt front end ready for new sheeting.

Posts: 45 | Location: tennessee | Member Since: 09-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flathead
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flathead:
Todays been a busy day.
The old 73' got bit hot on the trip back to Middle Tennessee from North Mississippi back in July so I finally had a few days to pull the radiator and do all of the PM that I've been putting off for the last couple of years. Last Monday I sent the radiator down to the local Rad shop for R&R, all new hoses , belts, water pump, and anything else in the front end. Well the radiator didn't make it back for this weekend so I decided it would be a good time to take care of all the salt rot in the front. I pulled off all the front skins and OH NO!!! Well 6 hours later we have a complete rebuilt front end ready for new sheeting.

Posts: 45 | Location: tennessee | Member Since: 09-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flathead
posted Hide Post
I'm not very adept at the PHOTO thing so here's the before picture

Picture of Flathead
posted Hide Post
And here's the after

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow! That is exceptional. Lots of work but done forever! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5159 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
Wow! That is exceptional. Lots of work but done forever! Thumbs Up

Agree.
GOOD JOB Thumbs Up

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flathead
posted Hide Post
Update on the radiator/salt repair. Got the radiator back yesterday and installed today. Finished up all the new skin. A friend of mine gave me a roll of .015 polished stainless so I thought I'd give it a try. Painted the grill and some trim with mid gloss black, Carbon fiber wrap on the bumper

Picture of Flathead
posted Hide Post
Another picture

Picture of Flathead
posted Hide Post
And here's a trick if you ever have to take out the radiator.
Cut the center braces and make a bracket to bolt back in. Makes it 100% easier to get it in and out.