Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Withdrawal Symptoms
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Olroy, you are right about that. I love Yuma, (wife doesn't) but the realtors tell me that So. Cal.'s are coming over everyday and buying lots.

Shadowman, in another post I said that Danny Z had that beautiful coversion bus, but it was you. I still have that desert picture as my wall paper.

I can go to sleep at night dreaming of being in Yuma right now. Where are you staying?

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
OLROY: You are absolutely correct. I Had that real estate growth and it's associated problems in Florida. My choice of Cookeville was based on many things. Being in the middle of the state and with the current growth rate if I live another 20 years(max)I would be 98. I honestly don't think Cookeville can catch up to me. Now if I do get another 20 years and the area does explode,my home will appreciate,my kids will inherit more and won't be angry because I'm spending their inheritance now.Life is a gamble but I'll stay with the plan.

"THE TOY" 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

[This message has been edited by carlflack (edited January 22, 2006).]

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Dave we are back in the Foothills on the same lot as last year. New owners but same lot. Lady was asking 102,000 for the lot in early Oct. when she decided to sell, told me she would sell it to us for 92,000 (which i did not have) and 4 or 5 days later ended up selling for 110,000....ahhh if only i had known and been able to do it i could have made a quick 18 grand. Oh well..... Glad to see the cactus picture and that you are enjoying it...my wife changes the wallpaper 2 or 3 times a week so i never know what is on here till i boot up....and she takes a lot of pictures. She usually wants to know if i remember where it was that she took the picture and usually i do but once in a while she will slip one in that she took off of the internet just to mess with me. >) The weather here has been dry (no rain since we got here on 10/20 but it has been cooler than usual because the wind has been out of the north for months. Even saw frost early yesteday when we went to Wellton ( 20 miles to the east) for a tractor show. But hey i ain't complaining because i know i could be some place colder and wetter......or with skeeters! >)

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carlflack:
I guess I'm getting too old to get stuck in Florida's Seniorville.So when I go to that big RV campground in the sky(I hope) I'll have a smile on my face partly due to living here in Tennessee. Four moderate seasons,great scenery,plenty of BIG lakes, if you like golf you can play in Nov....Mar. You never run out of places to go, State Parks abound.no pesky mosquitoes, yet.If I sound like I work for the Chamber Of Commerce, I don't This area, especially Cookeville has all the amenities I'll ever need. Here's the kicker.So far two of my former neighbors from Cape Coral,Fl came up for a visit,liked what they saw and moved about five miles from my home. They in turn have three of their friends up here now. It's like a little Florida, the Post Office said if we get three more families we can get our own zip code #.Soooo come on to Cookeville and enjoy life. Spending your kid's inheritance money helps a little(a lot)

"THE TOY" 88 33' Regal SE Coach #3448

I'm with you...I don't live in any Seniorville (I've been to Top o' the World/s, Sun City Center, and The Villages for visits to customers no way I could stand living there). Now I live in the Boonies (the only way to end up at my house is to know where you're going...or be lost). 1.5 miles to the nearest paved road, 15 miles to the nearest traffic light.

Maybe next time I'm rolling through TN I'll check out Cookesville - I hadn't planned on being that far north, but two Barths in one town oughta put it on the map!

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey Shadow
I now have a picture of your coach on my wall. It's beautiful! Are there any other pictures of it on the site? Now all I have to do is wait for the lottery.
Jim

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim, no more pics on the site that i know of......you know how strict Dave is about sobs showing up on his site. >) I could probably have my wife send you some if you want.....we took a lot of pictures of it in different places on our big trip in 04. No need to win the lottery....we got it for just over 33 thousand and put another 16-17 thousand in it for new furniture, lcd tvs, windows, solar panels and inverter, tv dome, tires and shades, (tried to give Dave our old woven wooden shades but he said he had enough to last him.) So we only have a total of 50,000 or less in it...., less than the cost of some Barths i have seen. By the way today marks the start of our 3rd year fulltiming in it....hoping for many more. Life is good. (could use a little more money tho!!!)

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I have no standing, but I'd say Shadowman could be forgiven for the SOB - I mean, squint, and it looks like a Barth....

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Rusty, I remember Shadow's search for a Barth. He spent at least as much time looking, and looked at at least as many Barths as you did before he found his dream. If I had seen that bus before he did, I would have had to buy it because I drooled all over it..

You both earned your spurs in your search, and, certain commentaries to the contrary, you might have been forgiven even if you'd bought the SOB.

Shiny buses are definitely in a different class from stick and staple SOBs. If nothing else, they're big enough to drive over the top of most of our Barths.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I have no standing, but I'd say Shadowman could be forgiven for the SOB - I mean, squint, and it looks like a Barth....

Stop poking that hornets nest. Let me have that stick for a minute.

That is one nice looking coach Shadowman.

Here's your stick back Rusty.

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, we like it. Btw it is a 1968 that was converted and painted in 83. Those pictures were taken at last years Barth rally at Quartzsite....i think we have a picture somewhere of both our bus and Bill H's Barth with the rainbow behind them.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
What a great picture. Bill H's Barth is really nice, too. I'd seen other pictures of it but they didn't do it justice. What kind of engine/drive train do you have in the GMC, Shadow?
Jim

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
That photo is at Quartzsite, & I've got tears in my eyes 'cuz I'm not there this year.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Hey, I've got tears in mine, too, because my Barth is still sitting in Tennessee, waiting for someone to put an new alternator on it to see if that solves my no start problem. Between working too much and wanting to give our kids space while they get past the loss of their baby, we just haven't been able to fix it. Shadow, my apologies for calling your coach a GMC. From other posts it seems it's an MCI?? Sort of like calling a Barth a "rig". Is there an MCI site?
Jim

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I would be balling my eyes out, but I would feel guilty since I am sitting in Minnesota in January and it is 48 deg today. The warmest in over 100 years. Could they tell the temp 100 years ago. How did you do it Olroy??...hehe just kidding

------------------