Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Thanks in Advance
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am in the middle of purchasing a nearly 45 year old (1977) 21' Barth. The seller is the grandson of two widely traveled Barth owners, they boast of visiting most of the lower 48 and Alaska. The grandparents aged and passed on, the motorhome has not turned over in 7 years and the interior looks even worse. I have been reading many of the post here from what I have gathered a crawl, then walk, then run (Drive train, then electrical, then plumbing)approach is the correct way to get a project of this magnitude started.

At this point in time, I am waiting for the title from the state to complete the financial end then the sale. Then all of the fun starts. All suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Tim

Posts: 3 | Location: SD | Member Since: 10-31-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/22
Picture of Ian and Lynnette
posted Hide Post
Hey welcome aboard.
When you get a chance, post a photo of your Barth. And maybe a photo of your data plate too, so we can fit your serial number into the database..

Posts: 141 | Location: Nanton, Alberta, Canada | Member Since: 02-27-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
Good luck with the project. We have a 77 21 foot--purchased in 2002----ours fortunately was kept in the functional form from new---although I have certainly put in a few hours & $ to keep that way. We love it!

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks again. I am still waiting for the seller to produce the title, and it sort makes me feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. As soon as it is actually mine I will post images and be asking to lean on all of the knowledgeable folks of Barthmobile.

Posts: 3 | Location: SD | Member Since: 10-31-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post