Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A discussion with William Barth
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
This evening at around 8:00PM Oct 9, 2003 I will be talking with William Barth. The Barth family sold their interest in the Barth Company in the early 1970's but William worked there in various capacities until it's demise.

I haven't talked to him in two years and I set up this call to search out Linda's Royale mystery. But if anyone else has any questions either leave them here or email me at dave@barthmobile.com.

I don't think he knows everything but we will get as much info as possible.

------------------
Short cuts always take longer

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK, had a nice talk with Bill Barth but he had limited info to share. He did pass me on to Jack Knotts who was the sales manager for Barth from beginning to end. The Royale was a special coach which had Regency cabinetry with the diffused lighting etc. and the radius on the top edge of the coach was a 12 inch radius rather than a 6 inch like on the Regal. They only made 5 of the Royales because they were too heavy. But this is not a serious problem Linda. The Regal SE was the tag axle coach.

This is all they could offer.

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much Dave - appreciate it. I am very interested in any information I can get regarding the Royale model and since they made only 5 I am wondering if that is 5 in 1989 or five in different years. Ours is great, handled well on our 6 day trek and everything worked. The tach stopped after a couple of days so I think it must have a loose wire, and the bolts fell out of one of the dual exhaust pipes and the gasket fell so we travelled for about 1 hour sounding like a jet taking off. We were finally able to acquire three bolts and a gasket that fit (just as the muffler shop closed) and I managed to fix it myself so it is quiet again. If you hear any other information about this model, I would be very interested.
Linda

Posts: 75 | Location: Ontario CANADA | Member Since: 09-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post