Forums    General Discussions    A 5th wheel camper that anyone can back up.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

A 5th wheel camper that anyone can back up.
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted
This was forwarded to me to share with our members. 18-20 MPG

I wonder how long before the wiring harness gets torn out of it with all that maneuverability?

Of course, the roof shouldn't be able to support what this mfg was attempting so it is easy to see why this never amounted to anything more than a mild curiosity.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ForrestKing
posted Hide Post
My 1967 beetle (restored in 1998) could just get out of its own way... with 4 people in it it could not get out of its own way and would often be passed by its shadow.

If you had one of these today you could sell it to a VW collector for a mint.

Posts: 42 | Location: St Louis area | Member Since: 01-16-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
As I recall the original advertising for the "Shadow," trailer, it was designed with very low tongue weight, & the hitch was designed to bridge the roof, & transfer tongue weight to the body sides, as this VW hitch appears to do. There were larger models designed for larger cars, as well, but for whatever reason it never caught on.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post