Forums    General Discussions    So sad....
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

So sad....
 Login now/Join our community

posted
There she sits, a 1990 Barth, previously owned by David Allen Coe, on the back row of the back lot in the used section. She holds her head high, but she is slowly falling apart. Headliner sags, wall paper is peeling, ammonia smell around the fridge. You can tell that she was once a fine and elegant lady but time and neglect have taken their toll. Almost brings a tear to the eye.

I talked to the dealer and he indicated that she was to be donated to a non-profit as a tax write-off next year. Seems that she is worth $15K to the bottom line that way. Such beautiful cabinets and panels. Sad, sad, sad.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And where in Huntsville is this one located?

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
Who is David Allen Coe?

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Who is D.A.C."! You ain't frum aroun hear are you, boy? :-)

The Barth is in Decatur, AL at Hood RV Center. Thought about trying to get the receipent charity and buying it from them. For $5K purchase price and about $10K in remodeling, they Lady could be restored.

Posts: 283 | Location: Huntsville, AL USA | Member Since: 11-13-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
Ron:

Ok I went to the internet, opened my favorite search engine and there he was, D.A.C.

And why yes, good of you to ask, no I am not from arroun heearah. Funny thing I get asked that a lot, can't imagine why.

It is nice chatting, can you recommend a good place to find a fresh espresso or a latte here in Oak Ridge?

Yea I really said that, dressed in a suit, London fog coat with wing tip shoes on... hey it's almost like being a movie star; everyone stops what they are doing and stares. �Though it be madness there is method to it�.

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited July 31, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited August 01, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by timnlana (edited August 01, 2003).]

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
I was sent this photo and told that this coach was owned by some CW star I think Charlie Daniels

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave that is the color scheme on the D.A.C. coach. The floor plan was kind of weird. No bedroom, just an "alcove" with a sofabed.

Hay thar Kalifornia, y'all ain't got to be frum aroun here to appreciate good music do ya? :-) Sounded a bit like you were offended. Hope not. Loosen the tie on that suit. Toss the London Fog, forget the double latee and buy you some sneakers, jeans and a bottle of Jack Daniels.....then move to the Right Coast.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hey the only CW I can handle is:

AND

I also dig Bob Wills.

By the way is this to racey for a Barth website? Maybe I should take the Garth Brooks photo off??

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you say BARTH BROOKS?

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
posted Hide Post
Ron:

Heck, I may even go out and get a tee shirt with writting on it.. No offense taken.

Happy Days

Timo and Lana

posted Hide Post
Ahhh, I knew there was a sense of humor on this board. Barth Brooks! I wouldn't want my children lookin at those risque' pictures though!

You're right Bill, it's been there quite awhile. I was hoping that they'd sell it for cheap, but I guess the Tax Man cometh and they are taking advantage of the options.

A t-shirt "with" writin? You mean they got
t-shirts without no writin' on them! This is a trick ain't it. Everybody knows t-shirts are mobile advertizin garmets or pick-up line brochures fer gittin chicks to notice you. The best ones have front and back ads so if you pass out and fall flat on your face, the chicks can still shop.

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
God Bless Y'all for mentioning undergarments with writt'n on it.

It thar gives me a chance to tell y'all about the purdy Garth...I mean Barth T-shirts available.

With the new Barthmobile Logo we done stir'd up here in the Bowers Xtra wide (Barth Continental Travel Trailer)

Now I know this is a non-commercial site, but if y'all buy a bunch of this here stuff I's sending my Lil Girl Libby to the Votech to learn why I keep blowing my still up here on the mountain. Yahoooooo !!!

By the way if y'all have a hanker'in to pick your self up some these here good, y'all go down to www.cafepress.com/barthmobile they'd be happy to help ya.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 05, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited August 05, 2003).]