Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hello
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi, my name is Doug Baughman and my family and I recently purchased our first motorhome...a Barth. It is a 1986 Regal 28'.

It has had the front wheels converted to the 285/75/R16. It has a Gear Vendor Overdrive system. And from what I see in the records has had the Motor and Transmission replaced at different times. It has also had the gauges replace with VDO gauges. My estimate is that the coach has between 120-140K. I had no idea what amazing coaches they were!

We love it, it is going to need some TLC and tires, but we are very excited to get to use it.

I will have some questions from time to time, but really enjoy reading the fun (and not so fun) experiences of others.

I have attempted to upload an image of it.

I look forward to getting to know you all,
Doug Baughman

Posts: 6 | Location: Tulsa | Member Since: 10-27-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Welcome aboard!! Being fairly new here myself. I think you will find all the help with your Barth you may need. I sure have. May even meet a friend for life.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Welcome!
Add a picture of your data tag found near the driver window, and I will get you a personal folder for your photos.
Try the advanced search to look for our seasoned Barth Junkie Steve VW who also owns a Barth of the 1986 vintage era. He has done lots of things to his Barth.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Doug, welcome to the wonderful world of Barth.

Smiler Tooling Along

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Doug , Congratulations cheers Welcome to the site .

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Welcome!
Add a picture of your data tag found near the driver window, and I will get you a personal folder for your photos.
Try the advanced search to look for our seasoned Barth Junkie Steve VW who also owns a Barth of the 1986 vintage era. He has done lots of things to his Barth.

Here you go Kevin. I am sorry it is a little blurry. It is what I received from the seller before I bought it. If you need help with any of the characters, just let me know.

Thanks!
Doug

Posts: 6 | Location: Tulsa | Member Since: 10-27-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doug, I think I have found your data tag already in our list!.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the above copy is correct please send pictures you would like to post to:

barth_upload.61972@uploads.photobucket.com

from your ordinary email. Please put 3223 in the subject line. Send no more than 5 photos at once. I will post some older photos I have found in 3223. Let me know if that is your Barth please.

Thanks for the help.

posted Hide Post

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Doug , What is between the headlights & foglights ? Airvents ?

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crouch38:
Doug , What is between the headlights & foglights ? Airvents ?

Bob

Bob, yes, I believe so. Is that something someone added after the fact I take it? I never even considered that they were added later. I will try to take a look this coming weekend to verify. Maybe get a couple of pics to see what was done.

Doug

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
If the above copy is correct please send pictures you would like to post to:

barth_upload.61972@uploads.photobucket.com

from your ordinary email. Please put 3223 in the subject line. Send no more than 5 photos at once. I will post some older photos I have found in 3223. Let me know if that is your Barth please.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks Kevin! That is it! Wow, so maybe the previous owner was a member. His name is Paul. Very nice guy. He had already done some work to the coach that was quite helpful. As you well know, there is still plenty left to do!

Doug

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good luck with your "new" Barth. Nice looking coach!
Personally I think that is one of the best paint schemes they ever used. Way ahead of its time. Of course I might be a bit biased by my 86... (I really enjoy it and we put 40,000 miles on it)

(Check out my threads here for lots of GM stuff. I've done a "few things" to my coach...)

Hope to see you soon.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
hey Doug nice looking Barth good luck with it I love that more and more younger people are keeping Bath coaches alive and seeing what a great company they were Barth on campers

Posts: 132 | Location: Ruskin flordia | Member Since: 08-06-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post