Forums    General Discussions    Is that one big Barth or what?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Is that one big Barth or what?
 Login now/Join our community

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dick Dubbs:
I am curious; what are the odds that both left rear wheels would stop with the lugs in the exact same position?
Based on the laws of a circular object? 1 in 360 chance... Big Grin

Those wheels are right where the coach stopped. No manipulations of the tires, rims, wheel wells, etc...

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I have to give you this Bill, when things get a little slow you can always come up with something to get us going! I have no idea on this one, but I'll go out on a limb and give 2 observation-opinions.
1; It's not real
2; A bunch of us wish it was.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
1; It's not real
It is real... One of our members here just bought it. They are moving up to a bigger coach. Of course, anyone else here that bought this would be moving up too.
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I have to give you this Bill, when things get a little slow you can always come up with something to get us going!
You're welcome! Wink

quote:
I am curious; what are the odds that both left rear wheels would stop with the lugs in the exact same position?
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
Based on the laws of a circular object? 1 in 360 chance... Big Grin
I have to amend this... there are 10 round circular portholes in these rims. The answer is probably closer to 1-36... Computer

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I have a few more photos that were sent to me. I swear, I just got these additional photos at 7:30 pm ~ 22 min ago.

Besides that April Fools Day Joke, and that doesn't count Big Grin, there's not a one of you who can say I lied. nono

I might have pulled your leg a little... Razzer

So, don't expect this to be the first time. The core image has not been manipulated/stretched/pumped up on steroids/etc. hmm

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Maybe it is real. I would hope there is an actuary among our Barthers to check you odds theory.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/12
Picture of Carl Feren
posted Hide Post
Where is the picture of the data tag?

30'- 1992 Breakaway on Spartan Chassis
5.9L Cummins 190
Banks Powerpack
Allison 4 spd - 542B
9206-3805-30BS-6B
7KW Kohler Propane Genset

Posts: 159 | Location: All of North America | Member Since: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
wack Give up yet?

hide ~ I'll put you out of your misery tomorrow. If you haven't figured it out by then.

Check out the chat room after 9PM Eastern on Tuesday...

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would hope there is an actuary among our Barthers to check you odds theory.
Dick... why not you? Wink

This is based on a 1 degree difference being considered the norm for a slight variance. Based on the image clarity/size of photo, a 1 degree variance shouldn't really be that noticeable.

To which I equate...

There is 360 degrees in a circle... Divide that by the 10 portholes (5`ish you can see, 5 that you can infer are there) and you have 36 degrees of separation between these portholes. The odds of a tire "Looking Like" it stopped in the same place is 1-36.

Now, if we could see a tire stem, in either tire, the answer would be 1-360.

The question was asked...

"what are the odds that both left rear wheels would stop with the lugs in the exact same position?"

Keep in mind... No matter where one wheel stops, the other wheel would still have a 1-36 chance of stopping in the same general area as the other tire.

~The simple act of having 2 wheels doesn't change the odds.

~You're not asking to have the wheels meet up with another object, just themselves.

Yes - No - Where Did I Go Wrong? hmm

head bang Shoot me now... Computer

On a related note: I remember hearing my father tell me "Bill, if you keep your mouth shut, no one will know how stupid you are... Once you open your mouth, all bets are off" Big Grin

Oh, what Rockwell moment those times were. I guess, this is why I'm just a truck mechanic. java

hide

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I'm taking a guess before it's too late.

I think it's an MCI 40' conversion, probably an MC-9 around 1979 vintage. I think I recognize the rear indent as similar to my old MC-5C Saudi bus.

Obviously the bus has been re-skinned and the door relocated to the center. It has not been raised, which is why the rig has roof air, many conversions are raised to get basement air installed.

Unless re-powered, it would have a 8V91 or 8V71 DD with an non-electronic Allison 4 speed.

If I'm correct, the ride on this rig would be unmatched by any Barth, but there are many issues with these conversions too.

Namely, a) rust can get to the non-stainless structures, b) the DD 2 strokes are awesome, but prone to overheating, c) the DDs have a nasty issue with running amok whereby they can't be shut down and just keep going faster and faster till they blow!, d) the tranny is inferior to late model Allisons, e) if I'm correct on my guess, my Barth is wider and taller inside.

I got rid of my conversion to go with a Barth as I'm convinced the factory built, aluminum construction is superior to an older MCI or Prevost.

On the other hand, if we were full-timing, I'd probably want a newer MCI or Prevost with a slide. I'd make sure it was a conversion from new and I'd pay handsomely!

Am I anywhere near target???

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:

Am I anywhere near target???

Corey

Define "near target"
I can testify that it is NOT a conversion.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
almost is not enough, Bill if the ports were off by half the distance between two of them IT would be NOTICIBLE I guess what we have here is a computer pepaint job with some superficial external modifications.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess what we have here is a computer pepaint job with some superficial external modifications.

Gone is the illusion that the original image was a one time "Barth Super Bus RV" that had somehow escaped our site from ever finding out about it until now. hmm ... Or, is it? Razzer

Does anyone still think that all of these images are pumped up on steroids and super manipulated? If so, please head over to "The Moon Landings Were Staged" website. Big Grin

Here is a hint... The person who bought one of these, responded to this post too. Razzer Who is it??? What is it???

If we don't have an answer by 9pm... Then, tune in to the Chat Room

BTW: To the people who know, and have sent me PMs and additional photos and help with this ... Thank you! Computer

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
Fantastic touch-up work, maybe Bill can switch from truck mechanic to a position with the CIA or Hollywood!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Nick---Did you indulge???

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce & Kathleen:
Nick---Did you indulge???
Who Me.

And this one use to belong to Cybil Sheppard. That is a 30 ft Wells Cargo trailer painted to match behind the coach. Smiler

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post