Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Motorhome Magazine article June 2006
 Login now/Join our community

1st month member
posted
There is an article in June '06 called Looking Back: The Barth. I wonder if anyone has access to this article and could post it for us to read.

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
I'd like to see it too!...If anyone is a Motorhome magazine subscriber, don't bother hunting for your old paper copy - just go to the following link and you can cut & paste for the rest of us...Smiler

http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/restricted.cfm?Message...utput.cfm?id=1130977

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
If anyone is a Motorhome magazine subscriber, don't bother hunting for your old paper copy - just go to the following link and you can cut & paste for the rest of us...Smiler

http://www.motorhomemagazine.com/restricted.cfm?Message...utput.cfm?id=1130977

I am a subscriber, but I have to look for my old paper copy, anyway, to get my subs number so I can register for the site. Frowner

I do have the article, and will scan it and share later today or tomorrow.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never tried 'add attachment' before, but hopefully this will work.

Mike

Barth, Looking Back - 125 KB ~

Posts: 142 | Location: Garden Grove, CA | Member Since: 06-09-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 06/08
Picture of Raymag
posted Hide Post
Your PDF upload worked Mike.

Thanks a lot

Real

1991 Breakaway 30Ft
5.9L Cummins Diesel
Spartan Frame
4 Speed Allison Model 542
Front Entrance
Firestone Ride-Rite Suspension

Posts: 126 | Location: Shefford, QC Canada | Member Since: 08-02-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the article, and I think it will interest some of the folks who poke around here now and again, but it falls far short of giving a proper perspective of what a Barth really is. There's too much to list but as a quick example they mention fiberglass front ends, without even mentioning the European connection, thus the name Euro, and they talk about a Barth chassis, which would be news to me. Good stuff, but woefully shallow on facts and info. If you really want to know about Barths, you are already at the right place, so ask or use the search and you'll get your answers from folks that really know. Of course, another shameless plug for Dave's CD is in order, simply because there is no other source of Barth info that can compare.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
Hey Danny and all, I can't believe I missed that article. I check that vintage article out every month. I must have missed one month. I used to save the MH mags, but hey there is only so much room and I have never had reason to go back through them again "until now".

The Barth chassis they are referring to is the FMC chassis which becaume the MMC chassis which became the Regency chassis which became the RPI R(Regency Products Inc.) chassis. Now all that I just posted is up for revision so if some one can correct or fill in the blanks please do. My info is all heresay...

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post