Tools
Reply To This Topic

Calling Cards
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted
A few years ago, I talked to Carl Feren about calling cards but nothing came of it. Wondered if one of you folks that are good with the various programs like 'Paint', would like to take on a project of designing a calling card for all of us? Would be happy to make it worthwhile. BTW, haven't seen anything from Carl in a year or so. Anyone know how they are doing?
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Jim,

You mean like a 'Barthmobile' business card (2"x3.5") with a logo of some sort?

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Yes, maybe with one of those neat barths that some of the folks do using 'Paint'.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I did this card a few years ago.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Carl Feren did these cards a few years back. This one is highly reflective and is done on a metal plate. All of the images are from the same card. the light just hits it differently. Feren And Company

My son, Joey. Smiler

This one is scanned in - it looses its luster on the scanner.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Is there anything on the back?
Good looking young man. Tere says he looks like his Dad. More like his Mom I suspect. Is he turning wrenches yet?

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Tere says he looks like his Dad.
I was 16 or 17 here.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Did your dial wall phone have a long cord to stretch down the hall into your room?

I remember those pump air rifles, very cool. Back then we walked down the street with them on the way to the woods and nobody called Homeland Security...

Those were the days!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5180 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
When I went to school in Alaska, the cloak room had a feature probably no longer seen - rifle racks. We would carry shotguns or .22s in the winter (hopefully to kill snowshoe hares or ptarmigans for dinner), and big-bore rifles in the fall and spring when the Kodiaks were out.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Well, my intrigue with this thread was only boosted by the images of young Bill that reminded me of myself at that age... growing up in the 70's with long hair and Marlboro coats. Rusty's note reminds me of my job at the ladder factory where no one cared that my buddies and I brought our .22 rifles with us to work so we could shoot rats out back at an old grain bin along the RR tracks during our lunch break.

Back to the calling card thought. I gave in and fooled around a bit with some new logo ideas and placement on the business card format.

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was 16 or 17 here

I'm sure we are all thankful you grew out of that! Thumbs Up

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post