Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Best coffee maker
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
Our old coffee maker gave up!!

What is the best for taste ...quantity...price?

...and has anyone used a Kitchen Aid or Yama Glass 5 Cup Tabletop Siphon (Syphon) ???

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
French Press. Made of stainless steel or glass not cancer causing plastic. Provides you with a better cup of coffee if BOLD is what you like. You can reduce the brewing time to less than 4 minutes if you like a whimpy cup of coffee like my bride.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I have a great coffemaker called Liz. Great coffee every time. Good luck finding one! Thumbs Up ROTFLMAO Sorry

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Steve, my Liz has one called Tim.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve and Tim you fellows are making me laugh. Since we are on the subject, My coffee maker is called Barista.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/16
Picture of Quinn
posted Hide Post
I agree with the French Press being the best. This is the one we bought for camping:
http://a.co/dIGr3Dw

89 28' Regal
Quad Bunks
P-30 454
8906-3623-28C-B

Posts: 235 | Location: San Leandro, California | Member Since: 08-06-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I have a 6 cup Bialetti moka pot, makes a regular size coffee cup of espresso in 5 mins.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check Craigslist first. I got a nice by on Craigslist because the person got it as a gift an did not even drink coffee.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Try French Press or Italian style Espresso Perculator (you can use on stove top, no electricity needed).

Now if you like frothy milk on top (i.e. cappuccino), try this: get a glass jar with lid, fill with 2% or nonfat milk (whole milk does not work as good), just enough for one cup of coffee (no more than half of jar), close lid, shake 30-60 seconds. Remove lid, put jar in microwave, microwave for 30 seconds, spoon on your coffee. Nice warm frothy milk java

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post