Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

towable s10 chevvy
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi Dave, was trying to determine if I can tow 4 wheels down a 1991 thur 1997 chevvy s 10 blazer that has automatic trans and 4 wheel drive? going to pull it behind my 1993 Breakaway. Thanks, Joe Shepherd

Posts: 13 | Location: Fayetteville, Ga. 30215 USA | Member Since: 07-23-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
I have been looking at several bus sites online where they have talked about this and the general concensus is; Each rig is different... you have to look in your owners manual or talk to a service manager for whatever brand you have. I know in my case ( 1987 Jeep Wagoneer ) there are 2 types of 4x4 systems that they used, either select trac or command trac. One you tow one way and the other you tow a different way and Plus it makes a difference how you do it depending on your type of transmission. So make SURE that you find out what is needed for your EXACT year,model and transmission type. A mistake will likely be expensive! Good luck.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi Joe,

I emailed you the 2003 dinghy towing guide which will give you a ton of info. It looks like you are probably OK on the Blazer. I would also check with www.towingworld.com for more info.

By the way the newest Motorhome Magazine has the 2004 towing guide..

------------------
Opportunity always knocks at the least opportune moment.

1985 28 foot Regal
Dave and Deb Bowers

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I used a Remco driveshaft disconnect to tow an S10 with automatic. It worked fine.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post