Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barth Questions
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Of course there are also at least 2 Documented Aristocrats. From what I have seen it is a rename of the Breakaway to go with the Monarchs and Regis.
My Coach is titled as a Breakaway because in that year NADA had no option for Aristocrat. Insurance companies don't like to insure things they can't see. My documentation is posted and shows it as an Aristocrat. Po ta to or Po tat o

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1383 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
I also noticed there are no Breakaways listed in the NADA until 92.

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Are the 90-91 Regency's with the Gillig chassis air brake and air suspension?

Posts: 194 | Location: Hendersonville NC | Member Since: 02-02-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yes. As are the Regencies on Spartan chasses.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Oh good. Going to look at Carols coach soon.
Thanks.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09
Picture of Steve Sorrentino
posted Hide Post
Ive personally seen this coach.
You can contact me if you wish to.
Steve in Auburn CA.

Posts: 60 | Location: Grass Valley CA. | Member Since: 07-24-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Thank you Steve for your input. It was a pleasure talking to you.

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
If someone wanted to update a 3208 to a Cummins B or C would there be space for it?
Were talking a short V8 verses a straight 6.
I know this is a problem with the Bluebirds up to 1992. Detroit Diesel 6V and 8V series are much shorter than the modern sixes.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Having been under Nick Cagle's 32' Regency with the 3208, the driveshaft is quite short. I don't think there's any way a C8.3 could be made to fit. However, the Spartan Regencies had the C8.3.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
That's what I figured. The Spartan chassis probably has the rear axle moved farther forward to accommodate the straight 6.
Not that I have an issue with the 3208,just wondering.

Picture of L78steve
posted Hide Post
Hope I don't get the boot for this question but what are opinions out there on the the HMC's?
Compared to Barth.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Hawkins? Well-built coaches.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke