Forums    General Discussions    Any Questions for a Real Expert?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Any Questions for a Real Expert?
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I happen to be in the enviable position of having a friend down here on business who is an ace RV tech. He travels all over the world servicing and training RV Dealers. He is [of course] very impressed with the Euro, and unlike a lot of snob experts, actually enjoys sharing his 20 + years of expertise. Throw me your weirdest off the wall questions and I'll see what he has to say. I only ask that you keep it to RV systems and not mechanical stuff.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of flashnyellow
posted Hide Post
Danny,
How are you? Looking forward to Talladega (October 8th) already! I have a question concerning size of generators. My Kohler shut down last month during a routine running with a clanking sound. I have not torn into it but the engine sounds bad. I think I will replace it instead of rebuilding. I have "2" 13,500 Air Conditioner units (original) and was curious if I need the 7KW size I had or if a smaller one would run both ac's. I've been hearing good things about the Honda EV6010 (6 KW).
Bill h mentioned the EV6010 in an earlier post I saw when searching about the Honda.

Any thoughts from the expert or anyone else would be appreciated.

Thanks,

------------------
Ronnie
1985 28' P-30 454

Posts: 61 | Location: Lafayette, LA USA | Member Since: 12-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello fellow Euro owner,

My question has to do with the cruise control unit. Mine does not work at all. If yours is the original it is probably the same as mine.

What are the procedures to problem solve this unit. Mine has the pulse sending unit attached between two halves of the spedometer cable.

Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Member Since: 11-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Ronnie, I'll get back to you with P-Worms recommendations and we'll see you in Dega for sure.
As for the speed control, I noticed last week that my unit is the same as Barry's, but my speedo doesn't work at all. I'll have P look at it and let you know what I find.
Keep em coming guys, I need to make P-Worm earn his Marguerittas.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
She who must be obeyed
and
me, Ensign 3rd crass
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
My water heater does not have the heat exchanger hooked up to the engine.

Does your expert have any do's and don'ts to share about hooking up a water heater?

Thnaks:

Timothy

Posts: 282 | Location: Studio City, California | Member Since: 02-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Tim, I have the diagrams for that and will scan and print them for you tomorrow.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Zeeff:
I happen to be in the enviable position of having a friend down here on business who is an ace RV tech. He travels all over the world servicing and training RV Dealers.

How long is your friend going to be with you Danny?

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of beeoh
posted Hide Post
have a curious electrical question for your RV GURU..in my '94 Breakaway 110v wiring diagram it shows a 110v relay controlling the front tv 110v. outlet...any idea why this is done? Can't seem to find it either? bob

------------------
Bob and Jan Orr
Canadian Barth owners
94 30ft. Breakaway

Posts: 196 | Location: Qualicum Beach,Vancouver Island | Member Since: 06-20-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I,m not a GERU but I do think the relay controlled 110v plug for the TV is provided so that you cannot turn on the ignition without disconnecting the TV. It is illegal (and dangerous) to have a tv operating within view of the driver.

------------------
Gary & Edie
North Idaho
1988 28' P-30 454

Posts: 138 | Location: Hayden Lake (Coeur d'Alene), ID USA | Member Since: 11-14-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
Picture of Medic37
posted Hide Post
My front TV recepticle does not work with the ignition "on", so I would concure that this was probably designed as a safety feature.

rM

Posts: 259 | Location: Sand Creek Township, Minnesota | Member Since: 06-21-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Danny, would you please email me a copy of that water heater diagram too?

------------------

Bill & Diane
1973 25'

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
To Bill's question, he'll be here for a few days on business this trip, then for a week or so at the end of Feb.
I'll get to work on the water heater thing and should have it up by this evening.
The TV relay seems to have been answered but I'll check it with P-worm to be sure.
Also, I DIDN'T DO THIS!, but I feel I could have started this thread and had the kind of cooperation from all you genious Barth owners to answer all the questions that could be put forth.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I don't know if this qualifies as "not mechanical", but perhaps he knows a source for the muffler for the Kohler LPG generator (side entry, end exhaust)...?

------------------
Rusty

StaRV II, '94 28' Breakaway, 6.5L TD
2 Not-spoiled Golden Retrievers.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Danny, I sure could use some expert advice on the Paloma PH5 tankless water heater in my Barth. I am having trouble with the pilot blowing out when the burner ignites. My owners manual says to adjust the pilot, but I can see no adjustment there. There is a little regulator, but no instructions for adjusting it. My local RV shops give me the blank stare.

Any information or leads of any kind would be appreciated, as I am at my wits end. We just spent a month in our Barth, and one of us stands outside, bending over to view the pilot flame through a little mica window waiting to relight the pilot if it goes out whenever the other wants to shower.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited February 15, 2006).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I don't know if this qualifies as "not mechanical", but perhaps he knows a source for the muffler for the Kohler LPG generator (side entry, end exhaust)...?

Located one - it's on the way!

------------------
Rusty

StaRV II, '94 28' Breakaway, 6.5L TD
2 Not-spoiled Golden Retrievers.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post