Forums    General Discussions    I just might have seen EVERYTHING now!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

I just might have seen EVERYTHING now!
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
Please watch this You Tube link so, like me, you can be qualified for having seen it all. Wait for the silly ad to finish, you're in for a treat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsrDKdpcj9Q

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Looks pretty amazing indeed! But anyone notice how there only seem to be two clips of the rig encountering water? One of it driving in via boat ramp (shown over and over again), and the other already "parked" in the water with kids diving off the roof (shown a couple times). I wonder how it actually handles compared to a boat. And as stated on another RV forum where this was posted, I'd hate to have to clean the scum off of the entire rig after every trip into the lake! Eeker

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
I don't know about you, but I would have a problem driving my 1/2 million dollar (or more) dollar coach out into the water. Why didn't they make it a convertible as well so you can sit on the couch and get a tan?

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/09
Picture of John C.
posted Hide Post
could be wrong, but don't think they will sell many

maybe zero.....

John

Now in Progress.

Posts: 64 | Location: Penryn Ca | Member Since: 08-28-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scottydl:
I wonder how it actually handles compared to a boat.

According to one of the principles of the company, it handles like a very heavy houseboat. All designs are a compromise, and this thing is a big compromise. Mostly, the boat aspects of the design have suffered in order to keep it a viable motor home.
The concept is tested, as the company has made several tour bus versions of this. My boat knowledge is limited to my experience with under-27 footers, but the guy impressed me with their design and materials. If you watch the clip closely, you can see one in the water.

HERE is a site with pictures of their other products.

Despite my reservations on corrosion, that would be a nifty weekend marina party boat. Marina del Rey here is full of boats that sit all week and just putt around a little for weekend cocktail rides.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
pictures of their other products.

How-a-bout a Hydra Spider as a towd only 175 grand

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Don't they advertise somewhere for this RV trips where they put you on a barge and float you and your coach down the Mississippi? Might be a little cheaper and you don't have to scrape off them little crusty seashells afterwards.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I think I saw an ad some time back for a trip on the Tennessee River and maybe combined with a rail transport. I don't recall the details.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Don't they advertise somewhere for this RV trips where they put you on a barge and float you and your coach down the Mississippi? Might be a little cheaper and you don't have to scrape off them little crusty seashells afterwards.

Something similar.........On the lower Colorado River, I used to see a barge made of 55 gallon drums with a big chassis-mount pickup camper mounted on it. It was towed up and down the river by a small outboard boat, and could often be seen tethered to shore in likely fishing spots. It had a diving board, and rod holders all the way around, with a nice deck fore and aft. Not very pretty, but it wasn't badly maintained and appeared quite functional.

I spoke with the owner, and asked why the didn't just mount the outboard on the barge. He said the did that first, but still needed the boat for backwater fishing, supply runs, and to pull himself off sand bars.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post