Forums    General Discussions    Holy Crap Dometic!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Holy Crap Dometic!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted
I had to replace the Breakaways original Sealand toilet about 2 years ago. I replaced it with a Dometic 320 that has decided to leak between the porcelain bowl and plastic base. A know defect that I found out to late.

The question is what do I replace it with. I will never purchase another Dometic product.

Breakaway owners please chime in.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I had a Sealand. It was a piece of what it is supposed to flush...

I replaced it with a Thetford Aqua Magic, the second I have installed with good results.

see here:

https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...693915987#1693915987

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5169 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
I have a Sealand toilet in my Regency, maybe the original? It would not hold water. Since it would not hold water, I tried to purchase a new gasket. There were no gasket replacements to be found.
Several years back when I had a crew and workers one of the employees dropped a bungee cord into some diesel fuel we had removed from a dirty tank. The next morning the bungee cord was about twice the size. I gathered from this diesel fuel swells old school rubber.
Remembering this I decided to put a cup of diesel in my Sealand toilet. The old toilet now holds water and works smoother to flush. The little bit of diesel swelled up the gasket enough to get the old Sealand back in working order.
New stuff is built with planned obsolescence. I am happy I still have my Sealand. You do not have to have a Breakaway to have a toilet or add something here. I hope this does not make this more confusing.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post