Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1994 Barth Regal 36' - remodeling advice
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Chuck M
posted
This coach is no longer for sale...

9406 3913 36FC 1B 6/2/94 94 Regal GM Chevy 502 36 Chuck Montgomery 1GBKP37NXR3313953

Unique 1994 Barth Regal Motorcoach with a Chevy 502 Engine. All options included. Will provide detailed listing soon. This coach is ready to go...no work needed. Only reason selling because it looks like we are going to expand to a 40-45' coach with bunk beds for our family. This coach is truly in awesome shape.

This coach is no longer for sale...

Pictures:

1994 36' Regal
GM 502 Fuel Injected Supercharger
Chevy Chassis
Data Tag Number:: 9406 3913 36FC 1B

Posts: 27 | Location: Delaware | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
You might want to mention the recent $3,500 brake job. I'm sorry how much was that again?

The only additional photo that I can find is of the data tag so I swapped out yours as it was slightly out of focus. Wink

As far as I know, the only thing that doesn't work on this coach is the airhorns. mechanic

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
Its funny Bill.....thankfully I found another mechanic that did the brakes, rotors, etc and all new tires for only $3,400 total

1994 36' Regal
Chevy Chassis

Posts: 27 | Location: Delaware | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I see the data tab calls it a 36FC. I wonder what the FC means, and why it is not simply a 36T-something. Other tag axle Barths have just a T and another letter after the length. Mine, for example, is a 30TS.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna guess Forward Control. Not sure what it means but I've seen it a lot so there's my guess.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
I'm gonna guess Forward Control. Not sure what it means but I've seen it a lot so there's my guess.

Bluebird used FC to mean Forward Control on front engine, rear drive Birds. Of course, most motorhomes are controlled from the front, so, I dunno why they used Forward Control instead of Front Engine.

If Barth followed previous logic, the F would mean one thing and the C, something else.

Nick?...............

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I believe that the engine in this coach was changed to a 502 at the original owners expense. Something to do with him owning a Chevy Dealership and he wanted a bigger engine in his Barth.

BTW: If you're lloking for the running comments on the Eagles/Patriots click here.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill N.Y.:
I believe that the engine in this coach was changed to a 502 at the original owners expense. Something to do with him owning a Chevy Dealership and he wanted a bigger engine in his Barth

Well, who doesn't? A chevy dealer would get the engine at a good price, as well as the labor.

BTW, I seem to remember seeing some mention of a supercharger earlier.

Can't seem to find it now.

Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
Here are the details:

Barth - Regal
36' length
49000 + miles
Kohler generator with (2) Remote Starts
Chevy Chassis
Allison Transmission
Air Ride Suspension

EXTERIOR FEATURES

All steel frame
Outside all aluminum surface, including roof
Alcoa polished Aluminum wheels
10,000 lb towing hitch
Roof rack and ladder
Electric entry steps with lights
Screened entry door with alarm
4 Zip Dee Awnings (green striped canvas with aluminum covers)
Docking and backing lights
Polished Stainless Steel bumpers

COACH FEATURES

1 skylight in shower
wired for telephone
wired for cable TV
Cedar closet with automatic light
Alarm system

All seating has overhead light arrangement and flourescent lights
Window shades throughout
Separate Grey/Black water tanks
Duo Therm Basement A/C Unit
2 roof vents and fans with Kool-O-Matic
Hydro Flame LPG Furnaces
6 gallon hot water heater
Hardwood /carpeted flooring
Oak cabinetry

COCKPIT AREA

2 A&E Systems Chrome fans for driver and passenger
2 Flexsteel grey leather 6 way power seats with swivel
2 Remote power mirrors
Panasonic am/fm with cassette, surround sound system (4 speakers)
Multiple CD Changer
Remote Power Spotlight and Floodlight
Tilt steering wheel
HWH Hydraulic leveling system with indicator lights
Sony Rear back-up camera
Cruise Control
Air brakes
Cockpit map rack
Sony CD player with remote
Driver and Passenger drink holders
CB Radio
TV antenna and booster
In-motion Satelite System

GALLEY

Kitchen sink with side prep sink and covers
Full Pantry in galley
Corian countertops
4 burner recessed gas range and cover
Additional prep/serving/storage area in galley
Sharp Carousel II Micro/Convection with seat sensor and probe
Dometic refrig/freezer
Nu-Tone in Counter blender
Spacemaker coffeemaker

LIVING ROOM, BEDROOM, BATH, ETC

2 recliners and folding table in Living Room
Flexsteel jacknife couch which converts to bed in Living Room
Bath has large shower unit with skylight in shower
Shower unit also has light
Hallway has 2 pocket sliding doors with locks (one at galley - one at bedroom)
Aisle Lights
Queen size walk around bed with Temper-Pedic mattress
TV in Bedroom
Bedroom overhead cabinets have rope lights installed between ceiling and cabinet

MISC

All owners/operating manuals
All factory diagrams
Full compliment of power hook-up cords, etc…
Outdoor sound system with flat screen television with built-in dvd player

1994 36' Regal
Chevy Chassis

Picture of Chuck M
posted Hide Post
Hey guys the FC is for forward control I read that on my documentation! Since I am as handy as a shoe and unfortunately my tool box is my check book....don't have a clue what it means!

1994 36' Regal
Chevy Chassis

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Wikopedia says...

Cab over
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Forward control)
Jump to:navigation, search
Kenworth cab-over dump truck
Tatra T815 8x8 cab-over-in-front autocrane
Land Rover 101 Forward Control with radio-vehicle body

Cab-over, also known as COE (Cab Over Engine), cab forward, or forward control, is a body style of truck or van that has a vertical front or "flat face", with the cab of the truck sitting above the front axle. This truck configuration is currently common among European and Japanese truck manufacturers, because the laws governing overall vehicle lengths are strict and the body style allows longer trailers or a longer cargo area for the same overall length.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Score one for Dizzy Click

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
It would be great to see a blown 502 motorhome do a dyno pull. Anyone for guessing 650hp or 750hp? This would probably be the only motorhome with a dyno sheet.

1999 Airstream Safari 25'
2007 Toyota Tundra
1987 Yamaha YSR toads

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
The HP may be impressive but the real deal is the torque. One of the Commander group repowered with a pair of 8.2s and he is cruising near wot of the same boat with 454's and getting 2/3-1/2 the fuel consumption. Ain't no replacement for displacement.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Chevalier:
It would be great to see a blown 502 motorhome do a dyno pull. Anyone for guessing 650hp or 750hp? This would probably be the only motorhome with a dyno sheet.

I have a normally aspirated 502 in my boat. It has pulled 618hp once and 624 another time. But, it is not an RV engine. It is awful below 3000 RPM. Without the MSD, it had to be cleared out way more than after I put it in. Also reversion, intake puddling, etc. Fortunately, a jet boat doesn't spend much time there, except in restricted areas.

But, I still have fantasies about putting it in the MH, since my water skiing days are over. Or should be. It would have to be re-cammed, and probably a different manifold, heads and carb. Too much work..........

I have given some thought to a Whipple or a Lenexa blower, but it just hasn't happened. The ht502 has a little over 9 to 1 compression, which is not ideal for getting the most out of a blower. And smog, and doghouse height, etc. Even with lower compression pistons, I would worry about cylinder pressures with the weight of the Barth and the 4WD behind up a hill on a hot day. Lots of retard, I would think.

I would go to the races and ask around as to who tows with what. Some of those race car tow vehicles are really something, and a lot could be learned there.

But, in the end, diesel is probably the way to haul a lot of weight. As CCT says, torque is where it's at. I would add that where the torque is at is where it's at, as well. Diesels have their torque down in the RV RPM range.

If I were doing an engine swap today, ten years later, I would look very hard at a Duramax/Allison in my rig.