Tools
Reply To This Topic

please help with numbers
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
oh, I guess the first line went someplace else.
I bought this Ford Deere pusher this afternoon.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some lucky person ended up with the motorhome and pulled me out of high bid by only a hundred bucks. I was tempted to step back in but something mentally told me to back off. I suppose things would have been different if the kid would have communicated. I had a gent from 60 miles away ready to go over, if I could have gotten the address of where it was, and check it out for me. I just kinda felt some bad karma was surrounding this motorhome. I liked the willingness of you folks attempting to help solve the mystery about the numbers. I will still be on the look out and have patience finding the right one. This is the third one I missed out on and suppose everything happens for a reason....I will get over it but happy I am not dumped into a later on problem that empties my pockets. thanks again to all....Al

Posts: 6 | Location: colorado | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feet4fins:
I was tempted to step back in but something mentally told me to back off. I suppose things would have been different if the kid would have communicated. I had a gent from 60 miles away ready to go over, if I could have gotten the address of where it was, and check it out for me. I just kinda felt some bad karma was surrounding this motorhome.

You know, again and again, I am amazed at the ineptitude and almost willful incompetence showed by so many sellers. They really hurt themselves by not communicating and providing information. This guy is a classic example of a situation where good marketing, servicable photography and good communication would surely have resulted in a higher selling price.

I shopped for my Barth for several years, and I saw this again and again. Fortunately, I had free airline travel and a flexible work schedule. But, I sure wasted a lot of time. Mine and the sellers'.

I got tired of some of it, and tried and tried to nail things down as the shopping went on. The coach I bought only took a 3 minute look and a quick drive because I had pried as much info out of the seller beforehand. I'm sure he was bothered, by my repeated queries, but he provided all the information and I paid his asking price.

End of rant.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Al, it was me that won it. I had asked earlier if anyone on the forum was interested, so when no one said they were, I went for it. Wanted to give it a good home. Sorry, My bid was a lot higher than what I got if for. That was a treat.
Of course in a year or so if all works out, my 89 may be for sale.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
It's too bad the guy out here who bought another Ford pusher isn't active on the forum. You guys might be able to share information while the rest of us stand back and kibitz.

Please share whatever you learn with us.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I kind of thought you were going to look at it and possibly buy it. that is OK with me and I hope you saw it first hand. There will be more on the market and I do have lots of time even if I have to purchase a less superior product to get me by. I wish you happiness with your new motorhome. I am happy that you only had to pay only $100.00 over my last bid of $9000.00. Had the boy acknowledged my emails, we may have had a bidding war between us...but you won and good luck with your new Barth. Al

Posts: 6 | Location: colorado | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Bill, I've been told by several that even the 454's and 460's are put under a lot of strain trying to haul around the weight of 30+ feet. Now a 502 like yours would be another thing. The main thing I didn't like about the pusher Jack just bought was that it seemed to have a lot of trouble getting up to speed. It may be due to the weight which is 30000+ pounds or it could be that it just wasn't tuned right. I'm sure Jack will get it straightened out and based on what I've read in previous posts, there are some straightforward modifications that will insure proper cooling.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com11/10
Picture of Bill & Sonja
posted Hide Post
I sure don't have any problems with mine. A lot of mountain travel, some back country road and usually pulling a jeep (this year it'll be a Miata). Power and handling are just fine and the whole outfit doesn't seem to strain at all. I've burned a fair amount of diesel up and down the highway and I'm completely happy with my 454 - 33 foot SE.

1987 Newell ~ 40ft Widebody
2x f/o's: 1988 Barth - 33 Ft. SE tag axle & 1976 Barth - 24 Ft.

Posts: 115 | Location: Calgary - Alberta & B.C., Canada | Member Since: 09-17-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
30,000 lbs. sounds a bit much for any 33 footer. My 33' regal SE weighed about 17,500 loaded for travel, & just under 21K with a '96 Suzuki Sport Sidekick hung on the back.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olroy:
30,000 lbs. sounds a bit much for any 33 footer. My 33' regal SE weighed about 17,500 loaded for travel, & just under 21K with a '96 Suzuki Sport Sidekick hung on the back.

What does a 33 or 34 Regency weigh?

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
What does a 33 or 34 Regency weigh?
Bill
Front:#9000
Rear: #16750
GVWR: #25750
I have never weighed it to find the actual weight loaded, but it's a lightwieght in comparison!
Regards
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
That weight it the GVWR of the chassis. This is probably a large 'school bus', type chassis. I would beleive that I will find that its actual weight is more like my front engine Deere, which is 18,000. I would expect that it would be around 20,000 with 13,000 available to cary or tow 'stuff' That is, unless the chassis is used to smuggle gold, in wich case you'll never know.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire